SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
that is not a bad idea at all. i have this one handled already, but i have a second broad boy coming down the pike soon. i think i might do a nice bloodwood handle. it used to be one of our go to materials.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
ok, here we go. i had a large chunk of copperhead micarta on hand. it is a directional patterned material. if you mount it backwards, it looks different when you grind/sand it to shape. i am calling this indian blanket micarta, since it looks so different. i think it looks nice on this stout chef design. i finished the handle off with natural micarta tubes for pins.

dozer

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is another broad chef in progress. i really like the color of the maple burl for this build. should be quite a slicer.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
one step closer to finished. here is the finished blade. i went a bit darker with the etch on this one. it comes to grips with the maroon maple burl this week. won't be long now, hope to have it finished by next weekend.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the latest Broad Chef in maroon maple burl. came out great.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
just got started on a couple of new goodies. these should be fun to make, may try some different handle materials for these two.

dozer