SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Anyone have firsthand experience with Cerakoted blades?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have firsthand experience with Cerakoted blades? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
At the Outdoorsman show today in Wasilla and met a customer knife maker, Forge 33. He had some extremely nice hand forged hunting knives with Cerakoted blades. I've got a custom order in with him but wondering about the durability of Cerakote on a knife blade.

https://www.forge33.com

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11880 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well on a pistol it will wear pretty quickly so I imagine it won't fare any better on a knife that you are using for any "tougher" use. I use my knives for everything so I wear off coatings that actually are good choices for knives. Cerakote sounds like a very poor choice for coating a blade honestly. I would love to hear your thoughts after use.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post