SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Are we still Pissed off at Benchmade?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are we still Pissed off at Benchmade? Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
After Benchmade's debacle of cutting up guns for the popo, are we still not buying their products?

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought any, but I was getting tired of their somewhat over-the-top newer designs, too.

It is a combination of factors for me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm not.
Just because a little time goes by doesn't fix that they are working with the enemy.
Spyderco!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I won't buy one. I bought one for my son before the debacle, but I won't do so again. There are plenty of other good brands out there.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m not. Less for cutting up guns and more for their political donations to the democrats.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15250 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
There are other knife brands I'd rather send my money.

Posts: 2007 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have found others I prefer to spend my money on.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Ill never buy another one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Yes. Still pissed off at them.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I won't buy another one, kinda hate I have a brand new Doug Ritter I won't ever carry.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3639 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have several Benchmades that I like a lot, and will still use them and enjoy them as they are quality cutting tools despite the idiocy of the people that run the company. Having said that I don’t see myself buying more in the future as I have gravitated more towards Microtech as of late and have so many excellent Spydercos, I’m covered from all angles.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
IF, I need to buy another knife, it won't be purchased from Benchmade.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Me neither, they showed their true colors.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll continue to use the ones I own but I'll never buy another one. It's sad, it was all I carried.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Same here.

Will carry and use the ones I have, albeit with a lot less care than before, and will never ever buy anything from them, again.

Will never forget what they have done.

Lesson learned and their loss.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Same here.

Will carry and use the ones I have, albeit with a lot less care than before, and will never ever buy anything from them, again.

My sentiments as well.

I had an old 531 Pardue that I was going to send in the following week for their service, as it needed a new pocket clip and blade needed sharpening.
It's still sitting right where I left it in the back of my drawer, and was replaced by a Spyderco L'il Native

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Same here.

My sentiments as well.

I had an old 531 Pardue that I was going to send in the following week for their service, as it needed a new pocket clip and blade needed sharpening.
It's still sitting right where I left it in the back of my drawer, and was replaced by a Spyderco L'il Native

Glad to see that I am not the only one who feels this way. I too have two of their automatics purchased well before the shit storm they created for themselves. When these break, or wear out, they will not be replaced by anymore of their products.

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Precisely!

There's a mini-reflex ii automatic in my pocket always and now is used for opening boxes and letters and anything else a simple pocketknife would be used for.

Have a nice gentleman's edc kind of one that was going to give to my FIL, but he's no longer in good enough condition for something like that. Will figure out something to do with it.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, couldn't add anything that hasn't already been discussed here already.

Posts: 1714 | Location: CO | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
There are certain artist who have run their commie traps about 'Murica or guns or capitalism. I won't pay to see their movies or purchase their music new. However, if I can buy tose things second hand so they get zero royalties, I'm good with that.

Same with Benchmade. If I find a used knife in a classified ad or pawnshop, I might just buy it.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post