SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Karambit-Liontribe Designs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Karambit-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
just finished this one for a good customer. this thing looks like it came from the set of a Riddick movie. that is what i have been calling it for now. 1095HC fully sculpted with our black marble etched finish. feels so good in hand.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. it is my version of a man-sized fidget spinner.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Yep, minimalist yet not. I would suggest do not spin. Smile Digit thinner.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I think it looks KILLER!!!! I do not like making those, they mean me crazy! Great job!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks. yeah, they are a different animal to grind that kind of blade. that is one reason i like to make them from time to time. it keeps that skill set up to snuff. just like doing recurve blades, they are much more involved that a more normal style blade shape.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
it is awesome!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
many thanks.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Something wicked this way comes...………

Dig it !!!

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The Dragon Claw.

First thing I thought when I saw it. Very nice.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
many thanks, fellas.

dozer

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
do not spin. Smile Digit thinner.

Big Grin This made me snort. Too funny....

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another beautiful knife!

I don't know how you do it, but I don't think you've made a bad one yet.

I'm really liking the Karambit!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i appreciate that. but, i have made plenty of bad ones over the years. they just usually end up being chucked into the woods at a high rate of speed. thankfully, that doesn't happen too much these days.

dozer

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It will Keel....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i appreciate the feedback. i am working on a bowie variant now. it will have my new copper etched hamon, if anyone is interested. i am very excited about this one. i will post a shot of the model, just imagine this one with a wild copper colored hamon.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That is a darn cool looking blade right there! I really like the minimalist leather too!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i have a pile of rawhide leather that is thick on one end and thin on the other. when i lace it around the tang, it has a serpentine look to it.

dozer

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Dozer, with your karambit, is there a name for the stylized treatment/texturing of the handle and spine? I've always loved that, yours is really well done.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
I am sure there is a fancy name for it, but I just call it a scallop pattern. It is very time consuming, but the end result is worth it.

dozer