SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Microtech troodon or Combat troodon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microtech troodon or Combat troodon Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of picking up either a troodon or combat troodon

Does anyone have both and prefer one over the other and if so, why ?

Thank you :-)

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I would like to know how to pronounce it Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have always said TRUE-don. But I don't really know.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive watched a bunch of YouTube reviews and its about 50/50 for "true-don" vs. "Troe-don"

When I first started my google machine based research I found some stuff suggesting that the name is Latin or greek and references a species of dinosaur and a pronunciation key was added and it read "troh-o-don"

If nothing else there's some mystique about this knife based on the silly name

I think microtech makes fantastic stuff and honestly I don't care what they call their knives but the rest of their product line has generic simple names or numbers, someone in the marketing department was feeling saucy on the day that troodon #1 was built

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I pronounce it True-Don but I believe the proper way is "Tru-oh-don". The Troodon is smaller and is ideal for EDC. It is still a very robust knife for its size. The Combat Troodons live up to their name but I do consider it a little large for most people.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post