SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Sheath for the Coffin Handled Bowie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheath for the Coffin Handled Bowie Login/Join 
posted
About 3 weeks ago (a few posts down) I posted some photos of a coffin handled Bowie I had just received form Jeff Schafer. I just finished up the sheath for it and thought I would share some photos.

I went with a sash style sheath with frog for belt carry. The Knife has African Blackwood handles with stainless bolsters and pins so I did the sheath in black with silver colored hardware to match. I used a lace and bead for added retention and positioned it to hang over the edge of the sheath out of the way when you draw the knife. I actually made the sheath to be pretty snug on the blade so the lace and bead probably aren't really needed but I like it. The lace would also work better if the knife had a guard but this knife widens at the bolsters enough so that it works well. I'm real pleased with the way it turned out.

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is quite lovely, Countryboy. Your choice complements the knife very well.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That is an eye-catching combo. The crucifix medallion sends the whole thing home. Very nice, sir!

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Good Shepherd
Twice Removed
Picture of Crescendo
posted Hide Post
An outstanding bit of work Countryboy on several levels of excellence.

Posts: 5102 | Location: troy.ohio.USA | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Very well done, the set looks great!!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3396 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Your leather maker is an artist. Wink

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

He IS the leather maker.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

He IS the leather maker.

I'm well aware of that. Wink Ryan has done a few holsters for me in the past.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I missed the joke. Too subtle for me.

posted Hide Post
Thank y'all for the compliments! I really appreciate it.

quote:

Thank you! I was pretty pleased with the sheath but I don't know if I would call him an artist Smile .

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
Man, I REALLY like that a lot!

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post