SIGforum
My first auto

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/1810034574

October 09, 2020, 09:10 PM
Vero8
My first auto
Kershaw Launch. It's not the size it's how you use it Cool I'm new to autos and already surprised at the lightweight. Now if I could just stop flikin it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vero8,

God bless America...and no one else
October 09, 2020, 10:16 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
It's not the size it's how you use it [...] Now if I could just stop flikin it.

Seriously, congrats and enjoy. I look forward to the day I can move to a free state where the laws aren't so stupid. Probably the first thing I'd do is head to a reputable knife retailer and walk out with my first auto.

October 09, 2020, 11:29 PM
Appliance Brad
My Microtech still elicits giggles <click> Jigity!

October 10, 2020, 06:28 PM
Voshterkoff
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I look forward to the day I can move to a free state where the laws aren't so stupid. Probably the first thing I'd do is head to a reputable knife retailer and walk out with my first auto.

Same, an orange handle Ultratech.
October 10, 2020, 06:38 PM
P220 Smudge
Yep, Combat Troodon or Dirac Delta here. As per the OP, it will, of course, require plenty of "break in." Big Grin

October 11, 2020, 07:24 AM
marksman41
I shouldn't have opened this thread. Now I'm looking hard at the Kershaw Launch 6:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--...matic-Knife-3--34418

October 12, 2020, 11:23 AM
GCE61
I have that same knife Vero, love it!
Don't flick it too much, you'll go blind....
October 12, 2020, 11:28 AM
dozer
i have carried a Launch 1 on and off for years. solid, affordable knife. they have a new Launch model with a wharncliff blade coming out. i am gonna grab one as soon as i find one available. love Kershaw and ZT for solid factory knives.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson
October 12, 2020, 11:53 AM
rburg
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:

Don't flick it too much, you'll go blind....

Myth. You'll just grow hair on your palms.

Unhappy ammo seeker
October 13, 2020, 09:16 AM
UTsig
I bought a Launch 8 last year, drawn to the orange handle. The new Wharncliffe design looks interesting and that blade shape is very practical, though 3.5" is a little long.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.
October 13, 2020, 09:29 AM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
i have carried a Launch 1 on and off for years. solid, affordable knife. they have a new Launch model with a wharncliff blade coming out. i am gonna grab one as soon as i find one available. love Kershaw and ZT for solid factory knives.

Kershaw 7650 Launch 13 AUTO Folding Knife 3.5" Two-Tone CPM-154 Wharncliffe Blade, Black Anodized Aluminum Handles

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
May 19, 2021, 09:30 PM
kcl1960
Love my Launch 1 keep looking at the smaller Launch's just haven't jumped in yet!!