SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    BullGod XXL-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BullGod XXL-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
14" OAL and forged from W2 tool steel. this is the first forged knife i have done in some time. rough textured flats and the blade is finished with a wild smoky acid etched finish. handle is a little different as well. sea foam dyed antelope underlay with classic black wrap. the blade is a full 8.5" and shaving sharp. very fun design to make.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Now as they say in the South...That is a fine looking pig sticker!! Very nicely done! Wink

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, this one is neat to me because it is so light. you would think it would be a bit heavy, being so long. feels so much lighter than it looks.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now as Crocodile himself would say..THAT is a KNIFE..
Seriously Dozer Super knife and design, Love that W2 steel for use.
Mike

Posts: 384 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. i love working with W2, it is probably my favorite carbon steel.

dozer

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What is the handle wrap done with?

Posts: 9950 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i used to order specific cotton wrap for my japanese blades but another knife maker turned me on to using hockey skate laces for my wraps. they seem to be much tougher and stronger, and that is always a good thing to me. here is a standard BullGod XL i just finished today for a local customer. i used textured brass and black on this one.

dozer

Member!
posted Hide Post
That 14" is beautiful, but the tip looks awfully delicate. More so than your shorter version which does not carry the grind so far back on the spine. Still lovely though!

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, it is a much sharper tip. i knew it would be when i started this one, so i made sure i started with a a nice, thick chunk of steel. so, i forged it myself instead of just grabbing a piece of stock. even, doing that, i was surprised at how light it feels in the hand. shocked me when i was completely finished with this one.

dozer