SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    DKC Knives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DKC Knives Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted
Anyone know anything about DKC Knives? I handled a fixed blade model today and thought it looked and felt nice. At MSRP, their Damascus steel knives seem priced a little low compared to their competition. Some of their models are deeply discounted on Amazon, such as:

DKC-522 INTREPID Damascus Tanto Hunting Handmade Knife Fixed Blade 8.9 oz 9" Long

DKC-518 BUSH MASTER Damascus Tanto Bowie Hunting Handmade Knife Fixed Blade 14 oz 1 Foot Long 12

The DKC website says, "DKC Knives is dedicated to bringing you high quality hand made knives at reasonable prices. We are based in the U.S.A. and all products ship from our U.S. locations."

Is that a roundabout way of saying, 'We have mediocre products made in China but designed and shipped from US warehouses?'

Posts: 3182 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Well I cannot hardly buy QUALITY Damascus for the price of the whole knife. Quality is the key with the statement.If it seems too good to be true................. Frown It could be half decent material, but then you got to to think bout heat treating. I'm gonna say a gamble. I think I would save a couple more bucks and get an ESEE or a DBK(one of mine!!!!) and be assured to get what you are looking for in a knife. Also I love Damascus, but there are SOOOOOO many steels that are more resistant to the elements. I have some Damascus that I HAVE to keep lightly coated with oil to prevent oxidation/rust from the humidity here in Tn.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Yep, 100% hand made in Pakistan and shipped from warehouse in U.S.. I'd be shocked if a $2 butter knife from your local department store didn't hold a better edge.

Quality costs. While there are makers who put out great budget friendly blades this doesn't look like one.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Zero reviews on Amazon don't sound good.

Posts: 12916 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post