SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This doesn't seem right ... Netflix description
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This doesn't seem right ... Netflix description Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Hmmm.

Is that wrong or am I?

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Personally, I would use "a higher plane" and a quick google would agree. I'm not sure they are wrong though. I didn't see the movie and it could be a reasonable reference. It was "the plains" in the old west, and the movie was "High Plains Drifter." Still, I think most would write "a higher plane of existence" or "taking it to a higher plane."

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That proofreading course you are taking is helping. It should be the BRAKE up, it would seem appropriate with taking messy to a new plain. They are trying to appeal to a redneck audience with a third grade education. THEY DONE GOOD, REEL GOOD, MAKING ME PROUD

Posts: 17268 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Just googled it, Bateman and Aniston have starred together 5 times.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I think it's a movie about them moving to Kansas.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What are you seeing that seems wrong exactly?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

"higher plain" should be "higher plane" as per the traditional (and correct) idiom.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

"higher plain" should be "higher plane" as per the traditional (and correct) idiom.

Indeed. Thank you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
What's wrong is the concept, with respect to grammar. Messy, an adjective, can't be taken anywhere.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5061 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was referring to plain instead of plane but also, why on earth would this be a 96% match for something I'd watch?!?

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Yes, I was referring to plain instead of plane but also, why on earth would this be a 96% match for something I'd watch?!?

analytics don't lie. What kind of chickflick horseshit have you been viewing! Wink

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dolts employing phraseology of which they don't even understand the concept. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My wife made we watch it, I thought it was a decent movie. Plus there's a scene where you can see Jennifer Aniston's bare rear end!

Vince Vaughn is funny as usual. It's worth the hour and forty five, IMO.

Do you like/watch Vince Vaughn movies? Maybe that's why it's a match.

Not sure why anyone would need 12 lemons...but then again why would anyone need 12 spare mags?

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Not sure why anyone would need 12 lemons...but then again why would anyone need 12 spare mags?

So his friends can say, "Bubba is a good guy, just a little short on mags."

Of course, if Bubba was carrying 12 spare mags, his buddies might say, "Bubba is a good guy, just wound a little tight." Cool

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dolts employing phraseology of which they don't even understand the concept. Roll Eyes

Casein point for all intensive purposes. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I was referring to plain instead of plane but also, why on earth would this be a 96% match for something I'd watch?!

We all know how interested you are in the complexities of interpersonal relationships. You know the sensitive lawn guy.

Posts: 17268 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
My wife made we watch it, I thought it was a decent movie. Plus there's a scene where you can see Jennifer Aniston's bare rear end!

I think we watched it. If it's the movie I think it was: It was not long after Along Came Polly, which is quite funny. Again: If The Breakup is the movie I think it is: We found it rather depressing, actually.

Maybe it's not. I do not recall seeing Jennifer Aniston's bare butt. And, since I've been in lust with her since about forever, I think I'd remember that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I think we watched it. If it's the movie I think it was: It was not long after Along Came Polly, which is quite funny. Again: If The Breakup is the movie I think it is: We found it rather depressing, actually.
I agree, it was a downer. They actually did a pretty good job with the general rancor and hurt that comprises a real break up. Add in similarly realistic dysfunctionality on several levels. As a result, it is a bummer to watch. But YMMV.

There are a few laughs earlier on.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

analytics don't lie. What kind of chickflick horseshit have you been viewing! Wink
I was going to make fun of Mark's 96% but I'll be damned if Netflix doesn't rate me a 98% match.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post