SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mobil 1 oil on sale at Costco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mobil 1 oil on sale at Costco Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Normally Costco sells Mobil 1 synthetic for $37.99. On sale, they knock $10 off. Today it was on sale for $22.99 for the 6 pack. It makes me wonder if they are discontinuing it?

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
It routinely goes on sale. An asterisk on the upper right hand corner of the price sign denotes an item getting deleted. A price ending in 97 cents denotes a close out markdown.

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I only buy it when it is on sale, always $10 off. I thought $15 off was a good sale. I looked at the receipt, it ended in $.99, so your probably right, won't be discontinued.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco has their own brand of synthetic now

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Oversupply. People driving way less this year so they need to get rid of the stuff.

That said, I bought some. Plus some TP and paper towels. Everyone had the TP and paper towels in their cart.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Check at your local Walmart. They usually have the 5 Qt. M1 jugs for low to mid-$20's depending on the type.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
When I get it at the auto parts store, it is usually $27 for the big jug and you get a MobilOne filter for another $10 or something close to that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
O’Reilly Auto Parts was selling the 5 qt jugs for $29.95, $5 off their normal price and a $10 mail-in rebate. No limit, so I got 2, mailed them in today. Rebate good from October 28-November 24. Not bad!

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
In case you were not aware the oil changed from SN plus to SP rated this year. Retailers have been discounting the old stock SN plus oil to make room for the new SP rated oil. Lots of oil sales this year.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
It makes me wonder if they are discontinuing it?

It is just a normal discount...usually a rebate from the manufacturer

If it were being discontinued, the price would be different (the cents amount)

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
In case you were not aware the oil changed from SN plus to SP rated this year. Retailers have been discounting the old stock SN plus oil to make room for the new SP rated oil. Lots of oil sales this year.

I checked the oil, it is the SN and not the SP
Thanks for the information.

Living the Dream

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Costco does not have much of a viscosity selection with its Mobil-1. Wal-Mart is way better in that dept. But I'm using Castrol Edge for my car these days and Motul for my bike.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post