SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best small size microwave for office???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best small size microwave for office??? Login/Join 
posted
The office microwave needs replacement. I also need a microwave that does not interfere with my Wifi from AT&T router/modem. Suggestions?

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
We bought a Panasonic from Walmart. Was like $108.

Has worked really good for us.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stay away from ge, I had two of them that each lasted about 18 months......whirlpool, sharp, Panasonic = should all be good.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The office microwave needs replacement. I also need a microwave that does not interfere with my Wifi from AT&T router/modem. Suggestions?

All the cheap ones are the same.
As for the wifi it will interfere in the 2.4ghz band so just use 5.0ghz band for wifi if you have it.

Posts: 23226 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
All the cheap ones are the same.
As for the wifi it will interfere in the 2.4ghz band so just use 5.0ghz band for wifi if you have it.

My router/modem is AT&T Netgear 7550. How can I tell if it has 5.0ghz band? It was supplied by AT&T. I am not technically proficient. Thanks

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i remember when companies rented microwaves they were so expensive

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mom bought one of these, it was called a Radar range Big Grin

some guy wants to sell his now for $5,000.00

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL Did it catch any speeders?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Wow, $5,000. How many Liberals does it seat?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I had one of those I bought around 1980. Amana Radarange. They were built like a tank and I believe in the US. Best microwave I have ever owned.
My wife made me get rid of it because she thought it was too old fashioned and the newer ones only last a few years at best.

Posts: 9831 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Wow, $5,000. How many Liberals does it seat?
The real question is how many references to politics should be in this thread.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
We bought a Panasonic from Walmart. Was like $108.

Has worked really good for us.

We've had three Panasonic micorwaves. We got one as a wedding gift in 2009. Then, for some reason, we got a second about 5 years later but didn't open it. then my in-law's microwave died about a year ago (because they seem to always buy cheap shit) So we lent them the one that we had in storage. and they liked it so much they bought us another one to replace the one they borrowed so they could keep it. so we still have one in storage. but the one we're using is still the one we got as a wedding present.

I like it a lot.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Amana Radar range, bought new when the earth was young, is still working fine. At least 35 years old. Two other ones last a few years at most. The Radar Range still keeps on truckin'.

Posts: 785 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It's not worth spending much on the small units. Any of them from the box stores will do the job and likely last enough years to get your money's worth. As for the wifi interference I can't say one way or the other.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.sears.com/whirlpool...kNo=27&blockType=G27

looks nice,

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.walmart.com/search...&typeahead=microwave

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39286 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Stay away from ge, I had two of them that each lasted about 18 months......whirlpool, sharp, Panasonic = should all be good.

Ironically, our GE is 30+ years old and works like a champ. We just have to add 25% more than recommended times for cooking frozen stuff because of the lower wattage (800 watts).

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so ? what did you git?

posted Hide Post
RADAR RANGE haha
Ordered the Panasonic on Amazon. Thanks for all the help.

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
We have a 20+ y/o Whirlpool and I have not noticed any interference in the house WRT the 2.4GHz or 5Ghz WiFi performance. If it is safe enough to stand next to it while it is operating it may not interfere with your WiFi performance.

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post