SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got a car you don't need?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a car you don't need? Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Now is the time to sell it! I had a older BMW Z4 with really low miles on it. Owned it right at 10 years and decided I wanted something different. Well this time last year it was worth maybe $13-14,000. Just sold it a week ago for $18,500!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious on how you sold it - CL, used car lot? I've got a 2004 Z4 with 10k miles that we obviously don't drive much...same as you though the resale just hasn't been worth it the last few years.

Edit to add: Mine is a 2.5.

Posts: 164 | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I have a guy I know who sells used cars. He listed it somewhere and a buyer from 2 hours away saw it. Mine was a 07 3.0Si with 34,000 miles on it. The engine size helped sell it. Bottom line though is it brought a bunch more than it would have a year ago!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's a seller's market for sure, right now.

Get in on it now, if you can/want. I'm sure the bubble has to be getting close to popping.

Though, looking at dealer lots on my commute, there's still a lot of empty space.
GMC dealer near my office doesn't have a single vehicle on their lot.

But, I have been seeing more transport trucks on the road, and drive by the rail yard on my way home & it's been slowly getting more populated.
Also, the Toyota accessory 'plant' (pre-dealer installed accessories, I believe) near the railyard has been getting busier.

If I had the title to the Malibu I'm diving, I'd be tempted, though I don't really know what I want yet. Waiting on the 2-row WL Grand Cherokee to debut.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everything is a "seller's market" right now. The world has lost what little mind it had left. It's pathetic.

Opportunism just ain't my thing, boys and girls.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
My daughter's old Acura TL needs new engine mounts and I know I could sell this thing (engine is great it is so effing fast...) but I cant find the time to do it...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks for the reminder... I too have an old Acura TL that needs a new owner.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimbo - wouldn't happen to be an 07 or 08 TL Type S with a 6 speed manual?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I wonder if my ‘85 442 with 99,500 miles would be worth more now?

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We've toyed with selling all these crazy priced assets, cashing in on the current crazyness, then buy back when the economy dips...

Maybe live in a van, down by the river...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carvana is offering me only $1,000 less than I paid for my 2016 Audi S6 18 months ago. Given that I'm having a couple of problems not covered under the warranty, I'm strongly considering it.

I can get a new vehicle through the Costco Auto Program for under MSRP if I'm patient and interest rates are crazy low.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
IF you are in a position to sell and not have to replace, its the best time to sell I've seen.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, I've got a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT with 61K miles on it and I keep going out and finding written offers under a wiper blade or having people knock on my door and offer to buy it.

It's nuts.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Yea, kind of tempting. My wife and I were just talking about this. Mine has been garaged since March 2020 and I've been toying with the idea of selling. Battery is completely dead, needs replacing, but other than that it's virtually showroom condition. Bought it outright straight off the last truck of 2013. I picked up what I chose to be my last car, I've retired from 25yrs because brian surgery/stroke, so as my health trickles down. Unless God has some magnificent healing in store, I drive less and less.

Didn't drive too much to begin with and only has 6,200mi total. Car is just mint. It's a white orchid pearl 2013 Honda Accord EXL-V6. My wife has only sat in it twice. She prefers her SUV. And so it's sitting dust thickening. It really makes sense to sell, it's just hard to cut the cord.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Sadly no...

2004 TL Sport w auto

Still runs like a scalded cat though...

quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Jimbo - wouldn't happen to be an 07 or 08 TL Type S with a 6 speed manual?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I gave my 2017 Nissan Rogue to my granddaughter.

She needed it more than me.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post