SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Little Rock FBI office hosting Diversity Agent job fair
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little Rock FBI office hosting Diversity Agent job fair Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
https://katv.com/news/local/fb...nt-event-on-july-24#

LITTLE ROCK (KATV) — An in-person recruiting event, focused on encouraging and training those from diverse walks of life will take place on July 24 in Little Rock. The event will be invite-only, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

"It's going to be a very unique opportunity for folks who are interested in being a special agent of the FBI to interact up close and personal with FBI agents from the Little Rock field office," said FBI Little Rock Special Agent in Charge Alicia D. Corder. "Also, we will have on hand agents, who are on our what I like to refer to as "specialty teams". Thats our swat operators, our crisis negotiators, we'll have our evidence response team on hand, and also our special agent bomb techs."

FBI special agents will be in attendance to connect with attendees and speak about personal experiences, and also challenges and triumphs that come with the day-to-day operations of serving in the position.

Attendees will gain quality insight on FBI's standards on physical fitness, special agent application process, and also what it takes to qualify for the position.

Additional information about the location of the training will be available to those who qualify and have completed registration, according to a release.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7262 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
As much as I hate to be seen as defending the FBI, I see no mention of any "diversity agent" in the actual text. The only thing close is "from diverse walks of life." Nothing wrong with that on the surface.

Posts: 28585 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing new. When my niece graduated from the FBi academy, they make a a big deal of having agents that were other than lawyers.

That was nearly 20 years ago.

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
No mention of willingness to persecute regime opponents and act as a state security apparatus for the Deep State. False advertising.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
As much as I hate to be seen as defending the FBI, I see no mention of any "diversity agent" in the actual text. The only thing close is "from diverse walks of life." Nothing wrong with that on the surface.

Yes, there’s nothing wrong with that on the surface. However, that’s another one of those dumb ass sayings that mask the reality.

“If you’re a African-American lesbian dwarf who identifies as a man, and you have multi colored hair, then you’re WAY MORE QUALIFIED than the individual that actually scored #1 on the test, fastest runner, best shooter!”

In other words “we don’t care about the best anymore. We just want something that looks like a rainbow”

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8506 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The event will be invite-only
Straight white guys probably not invited.

Posts: 9232 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Based on the rumors about Hoover, it sort of started out that way.

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
If you’re an African-American lesbian dwarf who identifies as a man, and you have multi colored hair, then you be diverse as a MF'er! Welcome to the Federal Burrow.

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

That's what this is. "Diversity" in this context means alternate hiring pathways like Schedule A disability, military spouse, etc.

quote:
Yes, there’s nothing wrong with that on the surface. However, that’s another one of those dumb ass sayings that mask the reality.

“If you’re a African-American lesbian dwarf who identifies as a man, and you have multi colored hair, then you’re WAY MORE QUALIFIED than the individual that actually scored #1 on the test, fastest runner, best shooter!”

In other words “we don’t care about the best anymore. We just want something that looks like a rainbow”

The FBI has to work especially hard to recruit given its past reputation (CONINTELPRO) and the hiring process for the FBI (and other agencies at USAJOBS.gov) is pretty in-depth and mysterious to non-fed types. There's a big push to make it easier for folks from all walks of life to navigate the application process.

At my agency, I was asked to help with diversity hiring and our big focus was on reducing barriers for Schedule A disability (particularly cognitive like PTSD, Autism Spectrum Disorder) and for non-traditional pathways (like cyber instead of former LE/military). We've gotten some great folks who assumed they weren't welcome because of the way some federal agencies actively discriminated against them in the past when we did events, and each one was fantastically qualified.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Posts: 134 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post