SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saatva mattresses
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saatva mattresses Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It might have been me that had the issues with Saatva 3-4 years back. I’m a big dude and I cratered the mattress way too soon. They were good to work with but it ended up not working out. If I remember right, they replaced it and I donated it. We ended up with a high dollar latex mattress. I did recently buy one of there hybrid type beds for my 10 year old daughter though. She likes it, so there’s that. Sorry I’m not much help. Saatva does have much more to choose from now than they did.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
We had a Sealy full latex mattress that we bought about 8yrs back and it had gotten uncomfortable for both of us. I checked all the reviews on Consumer Reports (they have a good tool to sort by weight and sleep style) and we chose an Avocado Green (it far outscored Purple and Saatva options). It was $2k delivered but money-back guarantee within the first 12 months. It was top marks for all categories on CR. We've had it about four months now and it is very comfortable. We do have a 3" memory foam topper we added (left from the old mattress).

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
We had a Sealy full latex mattress that we bought about 8yrs back and it had gotten uncomfortable for both of us. I checked all the reviews on Consumer Reports (they have a good tool to sort by weight and sleep style) and we chose an Avocado Green (it far outscored Purple and Saatva options). It was $2k delivered but money-back guarantee within the first 12 months. It was top marks for all categories on CR. We've had it about four months now and it is very comfortable. We do have a 3" memory foam topper we added (left from the old mattress).

12 month free trial? Very interesting. All the CR tests I saw had things blocked for a paid membership.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
We have had our Saatva,I am gonna say 7 years now. It is the firmest offering. We both have had spine surgeries and I think I would buy it again. Great customer service if I recall.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

12 month free trial? Very interesting. All the CR tests I saw had things blocked for a paid membership.

Yep. I paid for a CR membership solely for the mattress purchase. There are too many review sights that are paid for referrals to the point you can't trust any of them. I'm not a CR fan but this was money well spent to get an honest assessment of offerings.

It's nearly impossible to cross-shop mattresses because they're purposefully called different things to avoid price-matching amongst the big mattress stores. We always buy from Costco knowing their return policy will cover us if we have issues. Ever try to get a warranty honored by a mattress company? Good luck.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Saatva and it’s fairly comfortable. We have the firmest model but it’s a little too squishy. It has permanent depressions already but it’s still good after three years. We bought two twin sets from Original Mattress Factory last year and these are the most comfortable mattresses we have owned . We got the firmest models. Prices are very competitive for a traditional mattress. I wish we had gotten the OMF instead of Saatva.

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
We purchased a 100% latex mattress over 2 years ago and love it. Best mattress we've ever had - and yes I'm a side-sleeper. What I really like is the ability to modify it as needed - for example we just changed the firmness of my wife's side of the bed by moving the layers.

Check this out and you'll see what I mean.

latex mattress

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6731 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bentonville:
We have a Saatva and it’s fairly comfortable. We have the firmest model but it’s a little too squishy. It has permanent depressions already but it’s still good after three years. We bought two twin sets from Original Mattress Factory last year and these are the most comfortable mattresses we have owned . We got the firmest models. Prices are very competitive for a traditional mattress. I wish we had gotten the OMF instead of Saatva.

It shouldn't have depressions after 3 years. That is a bit concerning.

Edit: I did some searching after reading this and found Saatva seem to be hit or miss from some Reddit threads and cancelled my order. Thanks for the help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ackks,

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post