SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone deal with a kid that can’t stay asleep?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone deal with a kid that can’t stay asleep? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
when ever my little boy can sleep i let him want TV, you will never believe how fast they close their eyes when they watch TV or i tell him to read a book. its like a recipe for insomnia.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Ugh. You done the rodeo...!
As I’m also a first time parent of 7/9 y/o.
I’m now thinking “kid will outgrow...”too
Until that moment we suffer...

Time release on the melo maybe a good move. (Ask MD disclaimer here.)

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are medical approved drugs that could help a child that can sleep. talk to professional.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I'm just gonna set this out there....i could be guilty of using the benadryl once for getting him straight-his nights and days were messed up...

and once he asked me for something to put him to sleep cause he said he couldn't' go to sleep-they make a chewable 12mg tablet for kids.

I wouldn't use it everyday, but maybe to get him thru a night or two

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Does he have a nightime winding-down ritual/routine?

My two little boys get two books read to them each night, then I sit next to the 4 year old's bed and tuck him in and give him a little backrub and night-night and a prayer. Seems to work most nights.

Kids LOVE and thrive on routine, even if they don't seem to outwardly.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post