SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wallet Tracker Card?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Wallet Tracker Card? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Scared myself, spent an hour looking for my wallet. I have a pooka on the wall by the door where I store my EDC - Keys, wallet, pocket knife and about 90% of the time I come in the door and unload my pockets into the pooka.

If it's not there, it's usually in the pocket of another pair of pants or on my desk or possibly on the kitchen table.

Yesterday, after trading phones at the AT&T store (a rant for another day...) I had my head in the clouds, and while on autopilot, popped my wallet in the mail pooka on the opposite wall.

Mrs. PHPaul checked there, I'd have never thought of it.

So anyway, I see that make credit card sized/looking tracker cards. Anybody here have one or have experience with one? Mine would be Android which I see are available.




Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
 
Posts: 16723 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
While you are at it, you can check here also.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4180027125

The one Vthoky linked to seems to be decent but you need a wireless charging pad if you don't already have one.
 
Posts: 8276 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Depending on your phone, there are better options than a wallet tracker card. For example, I have an iPhone so since 2022 I've been utilizing an Apple AirTag in a specialized wallet and specialized keychain. It's part of the Apple ecosystem so I don't need anything special to use the AirTag, and can track from iPhone or MacBook.

The link has a success case where I saved myself a bunch of money replacing the truck key and keyfob.



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
 
Posts: 25813 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I should have stated it needs to be Android compatible.

So far what I'm seeing either has bad reviews particularly with reference to battery life, or they're significantly expensive.




Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
 
Posts: 16723 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into Motorola Moto Tag? It works on Google's Find my device network (i.e. no new app for you). If you lose in public, it's ultrawideband will "crowd-source" off other Androids to help find it.

It's also a 1:1 match to AirTag dimensions so the wallet and keychain holder I use will work for it.



Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
 
Posts: 25813 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I used a ridge with an AirTag attachment.
 
Posts: 1456 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wallet Tracker Card?

© SIGforum 2026