SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Auto insurance premiums...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auto insurance premiums... Login/Join 
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted
I have 4 vehicles ranging from a 1999 to a 2015. Full coverage on all $300,000/$300,000/$100,000 and insurance premiums are averaging $50 a month each. Does that sound reasonable? I realize there are tons of variables to take into consideration, but in general, is $50 in the ballpark or highway robbery?

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds reasonable for 1 details depending, but I'd think the average for 4 should be less.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It depends on where you're at. Whether you also have home insurance with the same company.

But $50 for full coverage? That is way less than what it would cost you in the Bay Area.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
That seems high, but it might be what's in your area. I would shop around to find a lower premium. I was in the same boat two years ago, and went thru an insurance agent that Dave Ramsey website suggested. It saved me almost $700 a year when I combined house, umbrella, and two vehicles.

Posts: 2240 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hard to compare state to state, but we are both in VA. If it helps at all I pay $80 per month for one car full coverage 100/300/100k. Car is Ford Fusion so not an expensive car.

I'd be happy to email you my brokers number, he'll shop it for you and give you a couple of options to choose from. He can write most any company out there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell, I'm paying $1200 a year full coverage for a 2012 Camry and a 2016 Duramax.

Posts: 1106 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that sounds about right especially is a couple of them have full coverage.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really sure if your getting a good deal or not..... I did recently leave a major insurance company to team up withan insurance broker @nd s@ved a significant amount......something to consider perhaps?

------------------------------------
Good men must sometimes do bad things to bad people; to keep them from doing bad things to the innocent !!

Posts: 736 | Location: Tucson,Az | Registered: August 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Get a couple of teenagers in your household, and you'd be ecstatic with that rate.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8277 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm with USAA and paying $190 a month for 3 cars full coverage.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Get a couple of teenagers in your household, and you'd be ecstatic with that rate.

You can say that again. 4 vehicles (2009 - 2017). Two teenage sons plus my wife and me = >$600/month. Third son will start driving in two more years. I think I should just open my own insurance company.

Michael

Posts: 1145 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm paying $750/6 months ($125/month) for two vehicles, 100/300/100. Full coverage, $500 deductible for collision, $0 deductible for comprehensive. Also carrying under/un-insured and rental reimbursement insurance.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11464 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I must be getting taken.

Who are you with?

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Wait until MI checks in, one of the worst States for insurance premiums.

Posts: 6423 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
That is a lot cheaper thane Michigan with our no fault. I am paying almost that fro two an 08 and a 17.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, drop the collision and comprehensive on the older vehicles, unless you have a record of recurring collisions.

I am paying $60 a month on a 2016 and 2017.

I am always amazed that the value of your insured vehicle goes down each year, but the premiums for comprehensive and collision stay constant.

I just spent a couple of days car insurance shopping after GEICO raised my rates again (!). Now some vehicles are with GEICO and some with USAA. The USAA policy is new, everything used to be with GEICO. It is also amazing that USAA could access all my vehicle VINs and other info thru the auto insurance comprehensive data base.

Shopping for auto insurance is painful, but necessary, not unlike a colonoscopy.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hay2bale:
Dude, drop the collision and comprehensive on the older vehicles, unless you have a record of recurring collisions.

Unless you are in a No-Fault state like Michigan. Vehicle owner's insurer pays for all claims pertaining to damage to one's car. One "slight" difference we have,Under Michigan’s mini tort law, victims of auto accidents can only recover a maximum of $1,000 (as of Oct. 1, 2012) for vehicle damage from the driver who caused the crash. We have three different types of collision coverage, Broad (no deductible regardless if at fault) Standard (vehicle owner is responsible for deductible regardless of who is at fault) and Limited (vehicle owner is responsible for deducible and collision coverage only pays if insured is less than 50% at fault, if over 50% no collision payment) so the Mini-Tort at least allows recovery of deductible unless the at fault driver is without insurance, a real possibility here, 21% statewide and over 55% in Detroit by latest estimates.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Seems good to me. We pay $80 a month for full coverage on my wife's Highlander.

A lot of actuarial information goes into setting your rates... who is driving the cars, what kind of cars, driving history, local demographic info, other lines of insurance with the same company, etc...

Its easy enough to get a quote from a competitor if you think your rates are out of line.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's going to vary greatly by what area you're in.

I'm in South Florida (high risk area) and have a 2008 Expedition. $250 or 500 deductible, 100k/300k liability, full coverage, rental car coverage and have always been right around $440 per 6 months.

Be very careful as a lot of companies charge a heft premium (like 20%) for paying it monthly versus the entire 6 months.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
We have 5 cars/5 drivers. Liberty Mutual just gave me next years quote coming up in June. $8,100. I'm off tomorrow, time to start looking for a new company. We have good coverage, our 20 year old had 1 ticket almost 3 years ago. I called out agent and he said that is the price of insurance in NJ. Another company that I just got my RV insurance said around $5,800.
Been with Liberty Mutual for 5 years now. Last year we added my daughter and her 2015 Hyundai Sonata. Before adding her we paid $4600 for four vehicles. Got to get out of this F'in State.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4035 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post