SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honda Civic Making A High Pitched Bad Power Steering Sound
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honda Civic Making A High Pitched Bad Power Steering Sound Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:
Uhh, if the fluid level keeps dropping, and adding more fixes it temporarily, YOU HAVE A BIG LEAK! Find a real tech, Honda dealer is you have to, and get the problem fixed. "O-rings sucking air" is BS, the fluid is going somewhere. AS
s much as it has lost, a blind man could find the leak.

It's not BS. Google it and it's apparently a common Honda issue.

You could not pay me to go to a Honda dealer anymore. They'll turn this $50 issue into a $500+ one in no time at all.

My mechanic is as honest as they come and a certified tech who owns his own shop.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:
Uhh, if the fluid level keeps dropping, and adding more fixes it temporarily, YOU HAVE A BIG LEAK! Find a real tech, Honda dealer is you have to, and get the problem fixed. "O-rings sucking air" is BS, the fluid is going somewhere. AS
s much as it has lost, a blind man could find the leak.

^^^Right answer.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Your OP suggested "large leak" to me, but if some O-rings fix it, I'll take yes for an answer.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife's 2007 Honda had same symptom. Amazon had the Honda Brand O-rings for about $5. It's a 5 minute fix. Start there. If it requires a new pumo, Check Amazon as well. It's not expensive, and doesn't take much time. Loosen the belt. Remove 2 hose clamps. Remove 2 bolts. Swap pumps and repeat steps for install.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Your OP suggested "large leak" to me, but if some O-rings fix it, I'll take yes for an answer.

It only seems to happen when it's really cold out. This morning it was 20 degrees and it came back. Did not happen yesterday when it was warmer. It's going back this week for the fix.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post