SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kettle Brand salt & fresh ground pepper potato chips
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kettle Brand salt & fresh ground pepper potato chips Login/Join 
posted
Ugh... these things are addictive. I can avoid them at the grocery when home, but one of the hotels I stay in for work stocks them in the lobby. My will power is obsolete by the 4th time I pass them and I can’t help but to grab a bag. Do yourself a favor and NEVER open a bag. Addiction is real, folks.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
And for a different flavor, if there is still any Cajun from 5 Guy's near by -- it gets added.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite chips for sure. Managed to walk right by them at the store today.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Sea salt & Vineger.

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Can you get Utz brand chips where you live?

The Grandma Utz chips are my very favorite; cut a bit thicker than normal and fried in lard, not vegetable oil. They are potato chip crack!

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heat the oven to 350

Make a balsamic reduction
(About 1 1/2 cups of balsamic vinegar, 3/4 cup of sugar, heat it in a pan to a boil, then turn it down to a simmer, let it simmer for about 10 - 15 min. Let cool, it should turn syrupy)

Toss the potato chips into a 9X9 pan, sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese (about 8 oz) over the top of the chips.

Toss the chips and cheese into the oven until the cheese is melted (5-7 minutes)

Remove from the oven, sprinkle the balsamic reduction over the chips and cheese...

ENJOY! Wink

(NOW, we're talking about and addiction!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The roasted garlic were the best, but they stopped making them.

Probably a good thing.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Try them with Helluva Good French Onion Dip. If you dare.....

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For another option, try Herr’s cheddar cheese and horseradish chips. Good with or without ranch dressing. You can sometimes find them at Menards, believe it or not!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I must be weird. Odd man out. The only potato chips that I like are plain potato chip flavor, salted of course.

Tried a few of the varieties, have not found one that I would buy again. Probably would not even eat one if there was a bowl right in front of me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had had some of the Kettle jalapeno flavor and they were quite tasty. I had a turkey and cheese wrap for lunch and put some of the chips on the wrap and it was freakin delicious.

Kettle cooked chips are the only ones Ill eat anymore.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I must be weird. Odd man out. The only potato chips that I like are plain potato chip flavor, salted of course.

Tried a few of the varieties, have not found one that I would buy again. Probably would not even eat one if there was a bowl right in front of me.

You’re not alone.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, you guys are literally trying to kill me! Stop it!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Ugh... these things are addictive. I can avoid them at the grocery when home, but one of the hotels I stay in for work stocks them in the lobby. My will power is obsolete by the 4th time I pass them and I can’t help but to grab a bag. Do yourself a favor and NEVER open a bag. Addiction is real, folks.

It is nearly impossible to walk past these in the grocery store. Good thing I’m already home or I would have had to stop on my way...

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ugh... these things are addictive

We have these in a box in our snack room. One of my docs today walked in, grabbed a bag and after he'd opened and was eating them exclaimed "UGGGHHH!!! I came in here for water! Why am I eating even more of these!??! {crunchcrunchcrunch}"

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Those are pretty damn good. Try the roasted habanero Lays.

Dear god.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
They are for sale at Costco. My wife does not approve when I bring them home. Smile

Reason is she ends up eating most of them. My fault, I guess. I can pace myself.

I should add--she is not overweight.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'd do some pretty shady stuff for the jalapeño chips.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Yeah the jalapeño flavor of these are amazing.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Man, I agree!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post