This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9930002564

January 08, 2020, 05:45 AM
rsbolo
Saying goodbye to an old friend.....
You have my condolences.

January 08, 2020, 06:15 AM
ArtieS
Sorry to hear this. Peace and strength today.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
January 08, 2020, 06:25 AM
irreverent
My sympathies. I let my 17 y.o. Pup go right before Christmas. I still haven’t mourned.

"Trust, but verify."
January 08, 2020, 07:26 AM
h2oys
Prayers said and sent for all of you.
January 08, 2020, 07:35 AM
19tass
My sincere condolences.
January 08, 2020, 07:55 AM
az4783054
Very sorry to hear. Remember all the good times with her. It's ok to laugh. When the time is right, find another pup, not to replace her, but because you have the love and capacity to have another pup in your life.
January 08, 2020, 08:44 AM
UTsig
I can relate to what you're going through, we put our Lizzie to sleep yesterday. For some reason this week has brought on a lot of friend's dogs having to go.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.
January 08, 2020, 08:48 AM
Warhorse
So sorry. Frown

January 08, 2020, 11:03 AM
cda926
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I can relate to what you're going through, we put our Lizzie to sleep yesterday. For some reason this week has brought on a lot of friend's dogs having to go.

My sincere sympathies. Frown
January 08, 2020, 11:04 AM
cda926
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
My sympathies. I let my 17 y.o. Pup go right before Christmas. I still haven’t mourned.

Frown
January 08, 2020, 12:20 PM
liner
Very sorry,
“It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.” –Anonymous
January 08, 2020, 12:37 PM
flashguy
My condolences. Savor the good memories and try to forget the bad.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 08, 2020, 12:58 PM
cruiser68
Sympathies to you and your family. Tough days....hang in there!
January 08, 2020, 05:12 PM
Sigfest
My condolences to you and your family.
January 08, 2020, 05:16 PM
Jim Shugart
You have my sympathy. I just went through it and it's heartbreaking.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
January 09, 2020, 09:56 AM
just1tym
It kills me to open these type threads having gone thru the experience of my beloved animals that have passed. My heart goes out to you and yours that experience the pain of loss. You have my sincere condolences, it never ever gets easier. The time spent with them is precious. Frown

Regards, Will G.
January 09, 2020, 10:52 AM
cda926
Thanks for all of the kind replies!

It is done and she went peacefully......

Ending her pain was the best thing we could've done to repay her for the love she showed to us since we adopted her...or she adopted us.
January 09, 2020, 12:24 PM
pulicords
So sorry for your loss! I can only hope that in time, you'll be up for adopting another pup (or letting him/her adopt you). It sounds like your "furkid" had a wonderful home/life with your family and that giving another pup such a fine opportunity would be good for all involved. Prayers sent for all of you.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
January 09, 2020, 02:26 PM
sig229-SAS
I am sorry to hear about your pending loss, it's just so hard to handle but the right thing for the animal.

Stay strong my friend...
January 09, 2020, 02:33 PM
vinnybass
I'm very sorry, my friend. I know the pain all too well myself. I'm praying for your peace & comfort.

Rest assured she'll have many friends on the other side.

Also, my condolences to UTsig & irreverent. It's a hard thing indeed.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."