SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saying goodbye to an old friend.....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saying goodbye to an old friend..... Login/Join 
posted
One of my Basset Hounds was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) a few months ago. Pain medication helped some for a little while. Now, she can’t stand up without help and walking is very labored.

Our old girl stayed at my wife’s bedside when she was ill for several months last year. My wife and I are in the den saying our goodbyes.

The final trip to the vet is tomorrow. We can’t let her suffer like this.

I’ve done this before. But, that doesn’t make it any easier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cda926,

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read this and sorry you have to go through this.

You are right, it never gets easier.

Prayers out.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Frown

Good on you for making the hard choices.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
It's so very hard, but not letting her suffer is the kind and loving thing to do.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Sad, my friend, but we have to do what is best for our family. Plenty of friends over the rainbow, ut we sure do miss ‘em. Condolences to all.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that you’re losing your friend. This song and the video are a little odd, but it brought a tear to my eye the first time I saw it, and it makes me think of your situation.

I wish you the best. You, and your family, even the four legged ones will be in prayers tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have to go through the tough choice of losing a cherished pet. I have been there it was the hardest thing I’v done. Prayers sent

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
It never gets any easier.

Condolences friend.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this about your friend and companion. Hard to make but, the right decision.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
So sorry.

I went through it 3 months ago.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3483 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
2018 was a hard year for us. We lost two of our boys, both to cancer. Never gets easier. Said a small prayer offering your Family strength through this tough time. John.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sorry friend

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. Prayers for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Very difficult, very sad, I reach out to you.

This coming from some one who will have to euthanize his 14 year old Siberian tomorrow.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Very difficult, very sad, I reach out to you.

This coming from some one who will have to euthanize his 14 year old Siberian tomorrow.

My prayers are with you. So sad for you..... Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cda926,

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers out. This is the perfect case in which doing the right thing is the hardest thing.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:
One of my Basset Hounds was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) a few months ago. Pain medication helped a some for a little while. Now, she can’t stand up without help and walking is very labored.

Our old girl stayed at my wife’s bedside when she was ill for several months last year. My wife and I are in the den saying our goodbyes.

The final trip to the vet is tomorrow. We can’t let her suffer like this.

I’ve done this before. But, that doesn’t make it any easier.

I know how tough this is. Had to do the same for my best little buddy Jose. Mexican Chihuahua

Probably the hardest thing I had to do. That was more than 40 years ago, and I still miss the little guy.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Dogs are put here by the Great Spirit to show us what total love is all about.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have to do this.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Heartbreaking to even hear. My sympathies.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post