SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PlayStation Vue TV soon to be gone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PlayStation Vue TV soon to be gone Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted
I dvr everything I watch. Vue did this we'll for me. Now they are leaving the market and I need another TV dvr source.
You tube tv seems to be the closest thing out there.
Anyone else dvr all their tv ?

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
YouTubeTV user here. Tried PSVUE when it came out & didn't like the interface.

No real complaints about YTTV.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16013 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
In the same boat, bummed they are shutting it down as we have been happy with it. Going to start looking at alternative providers. Need sports, local networks and a good DVR.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Don't write off Vue just yet. Apparently a couple companies are entertaining a buy offer for the service. In the mean time, I;m a YouTubeTV subscriber and really like it. The DVR capability works very well.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Just switched from Dish network to YouTubeTV as well, so far Im pretty satisfied with it. One minor complaint- there is no way to ask the DVR function to only record new episodes of shows, it just records every titled show you select thats airing. You do get unlimited dvr space but with some shows it can be a pain to go through the list.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3488 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only a warrior
chooses pacifism
posted Hide Post
I use Hulu to watch local networks and to DVR the shows I regularly watch. I’m pretty satisfied with it.

Posts: 203 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We cancelled Direct TV at $167 per month. Got PS Vue but found we don't have enough bandwidth from satellite internet to run shows during peak periods. Then Direct TV comes back with an offer to come back for $59 per month, which we did. Hard to know which way to jump sometimes.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post