SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't Really Talk About Guns Much...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't Really Talk About Guns Much... Login/Join 
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted
I wasn't really sure how to title this, so hope it's appropriate...

I came to a realisation while trying to fall asleep during the night; I hang out in several different gun forums, but really don't talk about guns much! I do ask a question on a rare occasion, and sometimes even answer one or two, but my "participation" here and elsewhere is either reading to learn, or discussion of other things not gun related!

It occurred to me that the primary value of groups like this, for me anyway, is the social interaction, though it is online instead of in person. It also answers why I've been here so long and have such a relatively low post count. Big Grin

Cheers!

Posts: 4778 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand; I don't post much, I take in the information I find, and comment when I feel it might add to the topic.

Posts: 721 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deeds Not Words
posted Hide Post
I am struck by the learned words of my dad, “Son, the Good Lord gave you two eyes, two ears, and only one mouth for a reason!”

The older I get, the more I value and appreciate the old man’s wisdom! Looking forward to going fishing again with him someday and catching up on what will be those missing years!

Navy BMD: When "Aim High" isn't High Enough!

Posts: 72 | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally agree with this line of thought. I only ever respond if I have something constructive to offer. I love the forum and the discipline and never miss a day. Being retired, I pick and choose my news and information sources most carefully and Sigforum is the absolute go to. A sincere thank you Para...

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Bishop Of Death
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same club. But most of you have me beat on the post count. Smile

Under Construction

Posts: 370 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with you. I read the rifle and pistol sections but rarely post there. I wish I had one tenth the knowledge of rifles like someone like Fritz. Most of my firearms are stock the way I bought them. I enjoy them the way they are.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I can speak with some real-world experience - not authority - with handguns, but have very little with long guns. So you'll see me in the pistols section, but only sporadically in the Rifle Room, and then mostly with questions.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I am another quite long time member that does not post much, but truly enjoys the wealth of knowledge and comradery on the SIGforum!

Posts: 838 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat. So many people here have a lot more knowledge than I so I learn an awful lot reading every day.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You and me both

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55175 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.

Posts: 4094 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There's a reason The Lounge's post count is more than all other SF's sub-forums' combined.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Good point, Q!

Posts: 4778 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Well, yeah. if all you do is talk guns, guns, guns, all day, you're either an armorer, work in a gun store, or an obsessed gun nut. While guns are a part of our lives, we have other parts, too. I only go to the gun or rifle section if I have a specific issue at the moment.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20020 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of armme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
You and me both

I had to laugh out loud at this!

Very funny, B!

Posts: 271 | Location: NC | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy reading more about things I didn't know about firearms, in the pistol and rifle forums and contribute what/when I can.

On top of that, I get more of my news of the world around us here and other like forums, than I do watching tv as I can't stand watching news channels.

Posts: 7057 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Being able to tap into the depth of knowledge and experience in all things OTHER than just firearms is the diamond in the gold ring of SigForum.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
SigForum has been instrumental over the years… educating me on everything from bidets to streaming services and yes, firearms!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7065 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in accord with those that have replied prior to this post. I come here to mostly learn and enjoy the civility of this forum. I have high regard for its owner and contribute where I can. This forum is like a living encyclopedia about guns and most every other topic of conversation you can imagine. Long live SIGforum!
Thank you Para.

Posts: 536 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
All I can say about all of the responses so far to my OP is "Here, here... 100% agreement!"