SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ordered UTV SxS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered UTV SxS Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
Ordered a Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium yesterday. We decided we needed something to use on the land in TN for cleaning up brush, tree limbs, etc.

Now we wait (5 to 10 weeks). I was surprised when we started looking for a side by side, dealers for all brands don’t have anything in stock. The dealer we ordered from had a few in the showroom, but only because people hadn’t picked them up yet.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2687 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
The last 2 years have been insance for power sports. You're lucky you were able to get one ordered. Our local dealer sent an email a few months ago and warned that if we didn't get an order in then, it wouldn't happen this year.

I'm half tempted to sell mine...because I can probably sell it for more than I have in it.

I just like it too much.

Here's a photo with the wife while out on a remote job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13988 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Here's my '18 XP 1000 before I wised up and bought the roll up window doors.

Posts: 1493 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My dad is on a wait list for a Mule Pro with his local dealer.
Same dealer sold my dad's Mule & Vulcan S on consignment, really quickly, market is hot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16018 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
They are work horses. Been getting a lot of use out of mine at the lake property in the summer.

and at the homestead plowing snow in the winter.

And ice fishing.

All sorts of accessories are made for these. You haven't even started spending money yet! Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
LOL, I don’t even have it yet and I already ordered 2k worth of accessories! Probably more to follow.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
My wife wanted a golf cart to ride around the neighborhood. After pricing a few I said screw that and bought a Kawasaki Mule 2wd that we use as a golf cart/motorized wheelbarrow. Bought in mid March and the dealer had several brands, sizes and price ranges, normally 12-15 in stock with new arrivals frequently. Supply has dried up and they haven't had a new utility in a couple weeks. I got the 2wd for $1000 off sticker, no discount on 4wd. It's more useful and fun than a golf cart. 620cc water cooled 2 cyl w/top speed of 25 mph.

Posts: 4829 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Ordered a Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium yesterday. We decided we needed something to use on the land in TN for cleaning up brush, tree limbs, etc.

Now we wait (5 to 10 weeks). I was surprised when we started looking for a side by side, dealers for all brands don’t have anything in stock. The dealer we ordered from had a few in the showroom, but only because people hadn’t picked them up yet.

Good for you, hopefully closer to 5 than 10! I use my SxS's all the time on the property for chores, and occasionally play. Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7291 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Yeah dude! They're awesome machines.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10600 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just bought a 2021 Premium model last week. Dealer had three in stock. I took the red one. First thing was to take off those net type doors. Don't like them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 252 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new Polaris beltfed21. You're going to love it.
I use my Pioneer 1000 all the time on our place. Don't know how I got along without it.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4883 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too much money for me. I use a old 53 military truck to do my work at a 1/4 of the price. PTO winch is my favorite part. Put a boom on it and built a house, brought countless cords of wood out of the forest.

They are very useful, and get around where a fullsize vehicle won't. If I was a rich man I would buy one.

Posts: 438 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2015 Polaris Ranger 570. Its been great. Just yesterday I had to go out and winch upright a neighbors UTV that he rolled over on its side.

Posts: 577 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still very happy with our 2013 XP 900. Mostly just use it when hunting but man the dust out west is obnoxious!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1223 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJM:
quote:

Just bought a 2021 Premium model last week. Dealer had three in stock. I took the red one. First thing was to take off those net type doors. Don't like them.

Lucky you! None of the dealers within 100 miles of me can keep them in. Most are at msrp, some try to add on to the price. The dealer I ordered from knocked off over $800 and gives a 10% discount on parts and accessories. I was glad to get that. He was also the closet to me, 45 miles away. I like that red, but my wife wanted the dark blue.... guess which color we ordered.

I wanted to ask, what’s the diameter of the tubing on those bars next to the seats. I want to look for some of the rubberized water pipe insulation to cover them in. Thanks!

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Hello all, I posted a question on my last post but I don’t think anyone noticed it. So here goes....

I wanted to ask, what’s the diameter of the tubing on those bars next to the seats. I want to look for some of the rubberized water pipe insulation to cover them in. Thanks!

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i sold a couple units I had bought used and was wanting to get a new one. But this market is crazy and I am not going to over pay for one.

Beltfed if yours does not not have front and rear windshields, a top and closeable doors. get them. I would not pay the horrendous price for Polaris accs though. Outfits like Siezmic make good cabs for them at a fraction of the price. Many other after market accs. Good luck and enjoy.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19785 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Well folks, it's here (4 weeks)! Got the call last weekend that the blue Ranger 1000 was in. They took a couple of days to put the stuff I ordered on it. Today was the soonest I could get away and bring it home. I'm liking the dark blue... lots of metallic in it.

First thing I did after getting it home was to remove those get in the way cloth and mesh doors. The second was to replace the halogen headlights with LED's.

The two rear flood cube lights are back ordered, so I'll install them when they come in. The wiring is in place. They installed a 10" light bar on the front bumper, so yes, it throws a lot of light out front! I'll try to get some pics in the next couple of days, but the weather is going to be iffy.

Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new toy. I bought a light bar for my SXS, but have not installed it yet. I had a Ranger 500 before my CanAm HD10.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1052 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my Polaris 1000 about 4 weeks now. Very pleased with it. Our local dealer only had 3 in stock. Also for L.E., Military and First Responders get $1000 discount.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 252 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post