SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obama To Install Massive Propane Tanks In New England Mansion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama To Install Massive Propane Tanks In New England Mansion Login/Join 
posted
https://dailycaller.com/2022/0...as-vineyard-mansion/

Gas For Me But Not For Thee:

Former President Barack Obama has ordered three massive propane tanks for his Martha’s Vineyard property as energy prices nationwide continue to surge.

The office of the select board of Edgartown, Massachusetts, told The Daily Caller News Foundation that an application for an “underground propane installment was approved at the 79 Turkeyland Cove Road address,” the location of a property owned by former President Barack Obama. The tanks are to be used for “residential purposes,” the office told TheDCNF, and have a total capacity approved of “2,500 gallons which was broken into two 1,000 gallon tanks and one 500 gallon tank.”

“We’ve never had a private propane tank come to us,” select board member Arthur Smadbeck told the MV Times.

Although propane gas yields fewer carbon emissions than oil and coal, it is still considered a fossil fuel, and the massive installation at the Obama estate is not exactly environmentally friendly. Propane combustion produces numerous waste products such as particulate matter, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, greenhouse gas, methane and non-methane overall organic carbon.

For the average American household, propane gas is increasingly becoming more expensive. Americans who use propane to heat their homes can expect to spend 54% more to run and maintain their homes due to increased energy prices, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Obama has consistently argued for the importance of fighting climate change and limiting fossil fuel emissions, saying that “no challenge poses a greater threat to our children, our planet, and future generations than climate change” and pledging to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 26-28% below 2005 levels by 2025.

In 2021, Obama spoke at the COP26 climate change summit, saying “our planet has been wounded by our actions,” specifically related to rising global temperature trends.

Obama’s multi-million dollar home was also the venue for his extravagant 475-guest 60th birthday bash amid the Delta coronavirus variant outbreak in the summer of 2021.

Obama did not immediately respond to TheDCNF’s request for comment.

Posts: 12695 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
He can shove a hose up his rear to refill the tanks...................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot imagine the blue bloods tolerating this sort of thing. They had a fit with offshore windmills that would be barely visible from the beach.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well of course he is. He knows the reality. You can't heat or power that huge place with freaking solar panels if the power goes out.

Ain't that right, asshole? Hypocritical prick.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Preparing for the rolling blackouts I see. Probably a good signal for others.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I cannot imagine the blue bloods tolerating this sort of thing. They had a fit with offshore windmills that would be barely visible from the beach.
They're underground tanks, what's to be seen or offended by?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posts: 12695 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The thought that they are there, just like the windmills. You may have forgotten it is a Democratic enclave.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprised Massachusetts hasn't banned natural gas like other deep-blue parts of the country.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The thought that they are there, just like the windmills. You may have forgotten it is a Democratic enclave.

The blue bloods are like an HOA on steroids.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
He knows what the future holds.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19193 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'm not defending that piece of shit, but 2,500 gallons of propane is not a "massive" amount.

I say that from the perspective of family who lives out on farm and ranch land, out in the sticks.

Two 1,000 gallon tanks is not unusual, what's another 500 gallons. My brother has 1,500 gallons of propane tank on his home acreage. He's gone most of the time, nowadays, but it was set up to heat the house, make hot water, and to run the propane stovetop and oven.

I do agree that that would be a lot in Marthas Vinyard. Location Location Location. Those folks don't know a darn thing about farming/ranching etc.

You guys do realize that you can purchase new Propane powered Refrigerators and Freezers? No electricty required, they are the same system as the RV type of Propane Refrigerator/Freezer combos. You can purchase these in the same normal household size units as you have now.

Depending on manufacturer, some have gone to a little battery powered controller, no big deal. Others still use the old fashioned mechanical mechanism to regulate temp. I was talking to a family member recently who needed to replace the pair of AA batteries that maintained the temp/circuit board on their freezer.

If I had the funds, and time, to build a nice bugout place, I'd like to have electricity, of course, but I'd also invest in a couple thousand gallons of propane storage and a couple propane powered refrigerators and freezers. And, of course, backup generators.

Just for an example, one of many out there, peruse this LINK propane appliances.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The only reason this is significant is the hypocrisy of Obama. It has nothing to do with the quantity or location.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^ yeah my mom n dad have a 2500 pound tank for their whole house generac, stove, heat and water heater. It lasts almost a year for the two of them.

Dad buys in the summer when it’s cheaper.

As much as I dislike obama, that amount isn’t out of sorts

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11288 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turkeyland cove. How appropriate.

Posts: 52 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Based on his views and worries about Global Warming, Obama should have an all-electric home and drive an electric car. Of course, the rolling brownouts likely from his VP's actions might make those impractical.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The Vineyard will not give the Messiah any grief, wokeism and white guilt coupled with he is “Obama” is all that matters.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Homes built here the last few years all had 1000 or largewr tanks installed. I have 250 gals for my generator.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Dems/Left/Greens keep pushing heat pumps and talk about banning things like gas boilers.

He should walk the walk and get a heat pump, but we all know they aren’t because they really don’t work well in that region at all.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Yep as has been stated above 2500 gallon capacity is not unheard of.

95% of the homes we built had 500 gallon buried tanks. If we included a whole house generator (10-20kW) we would recommend at least a 1000 gallon tank but several of our clients put in either 2 or 3 1000 gallon tanks. Keep in mind that propane tanks are only filled to 80% and used down to 20% effectively giving you only 60% of the rated capacity to use.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6323 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post