SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apolitical citizens
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apolitical citizens Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites...

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."

(now the best part)
- Plato

Helps us understand there is nothing new here.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ With apology to club, that deserves a MoZ Smile

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Captain Clueless here. "MoZ"? (Didn't find anything useful about it on the web.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Regarding apoliticality. I wouldn't consider myself "apolitical"--I do follow the issues and have strong preferences about politicians and their ideas. However, as a retired military officer and a person who has no immediate family, I have satisfactory material means and a relatively sedate lifestyle. Having said that, my life pretty much just goes on fairly smoothly, no matter who is in office. I don't do anything that is highly regulated (except owning guns, of which I already have more than enough) and so the tenor of my life is not seriously impacted by the asinine whims of our leaders.

I vote, support some candidates and causes, contribute to some charities, and am active in my church (at least before COVID). I'm fully retired and live with 5 cats. From day to day there is not much difference, no matter who is at the helm. I am fortunate to live in one of the "freeer" states, so that is probably part of my contentment.

All this is to say that I can understand that there can be individuals who truly are not conscious of any differences in their lives based on which party or leader is in power. My take concerning them is to just allow them to be happy as long as it lasts.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I try to be disconnected from it. I will always vote, and vote RIGHT. But it disgusts me how lost in politics many folks I know (including my dad) are. It's repulsive. Every single thing turns to politics. Always. And fast.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Sorry. Captain Clueless here. "MoZ"? (Didn't find anything useful about it on the web.)

flashguy

MoZ

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

MoZ
Thanks. "Moment of Zen". Lovely picture, BTW.

flashguy