SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HELP! My wife accidentally deleted ALL her Gmail emails!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP! My wife accidentally deleted ALL her Gmail emails! Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
As the title states my wife accidentally deleted all of her gmail emails. Is there any way to recover her emails?

Thanks!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Using gmail directly or an e-mail app?

If the former, I believe she's SOL. If the latter, there maybe hope.

And you're sure they're not just in the trash, right?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
They should be in the trash folder

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Look in the gmail trash folder?

May have to login to gmail with a browser.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Contact the NSA.

Seriously-are they still in her trash?

Posts: 3005 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Well, if its like Outlook, there should be Delete file where she can recover them from. I don't have Gmail account, however I can't see how they would be any different from anyone else.

Posts: 12233 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
Well, if its like Outlook, there should be Delete file where she can recover them from. I don't have Gmail account, however I can't see how they would be any different from anyone else.

That's because you don't have a gmail account.

I hate gmail.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
If she is viewing her gmail from an application like Mail on a Mac, all the gmail emails are still in her inbox when viewing through the browser, at gmail.com

Rarely do I venture to my five or six gmail accounts, preferring to view them all in Mac Mail. So when I do open gmail, there are a zillion emails in the inboxes.

As others have said, check the Trash.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
They are in trash for 30 days. Did you find them stickman ?

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
She has recovered some of them. She emailed gmail and explained what happened. They are still apparently "recovering" some of them for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The NSA has them.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
...or check Anthony Weiner's laptop.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Nooooo! Do NOT check anything that is anywhere near Anthony Weiner's lap.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
OK, why is this comment in this thread? Why was it necessary to introduce politics into this thread?

Does this help the OP? Or does it bring out the admin, asking pointed questions?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109048 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Comic relief perhaps? No different than the NSA reference.....

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4653 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Good news. Gmail retrieved all her accidentally deleted emails. She was panicking last night but in the back of my mind I was thinking Gmail certainly had all the emails and would have little issue helping her to retrieve them.

I still don't exactly understand how she did this, her phone memory was full so she was deleting emails and somehow deleted everything quite effectively.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:

That's because you don't have a gmail account.

I hate gmail.

*shrug* Regardless: When you "delete" email with gmail it goes into a "Trash" folder. If you've been using an email client application and IMAP, there should be an "[imap]Trash" folder. If you're using the gmail web interface: Then just a "Trash" folder (might be hidden under "More").

If you delete it from a "Trash" folder, then it's really gone.

Exception to the above: If you've been using gmail with POP3 (do they even still support that?) and you delete email it'll be wherever your email client sticks it--if anywhere.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The NSA has them.

Good to see JALLEN hope you are on the mend.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
She has recovered some of them. She emailed gmail and explained what happened. They are still apparently "recovering" some of them for her.

Hope it works out for her. However if it is like my Clearwire/G-mail was once you delete they are gone forever. This is one of the many reasons I do not use G-mail. I have to have the account for some things like you tube and facebook but I never use it.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
SIG 229R, She recovered all of them. In the digital world nothing is ever completely "gone".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~