SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Type of Rodent Problem Do I Have in my Garage?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Type of Rodent Problem Do I Have in my Garage? Login/Join 
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
looks large for mouse droppings, rats perhaps?

Traps and peanut butter would be a good start, poison if you don't have pets.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
1. traps and peanut butter inside for the current invaders.
2. bait stations around the perimeter of the building
3. plug any potential access like the opening in your pictures with this

https://www.google.com/search?...ceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Rats? Mice? Just be grateful you don't have a coypu problem.

Posts: 11435 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Mice turds are pretty uniform grain of rice sized. Rat turds are larger and vary in shape, sometimes round. Looks like mice, rats are more destructive.

I use steel wool with PL400 for filling holes.

Do bait stations inside and out.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
The pictures are mouse droppings which is little easier to get rid of then rats. Set some snap traps along runways, usually the along the baseboards, use bait inside and out. Be prepared with rodenticide that the mice may die in an inaccessible area like inside a wall. If you find any openings stuff them with steel wool or copper stuffit. If you shoot me an email with an address I can send you some good traps, bait stations and stuffit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, mouseturds. Use a nut (shelled) as bait, and smear a little peanut butter under it for odor. WIRE it on to the trap trigger. Mine in the shop learned to lick the p butter off, and never trip the trap. Also, the Chinese traps at Lowes have stronger springs and touchier triggers than the real American made Victors they are copied from. I suppose the Victors were lawyer-ized... Confused

Posts: 1646 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post