SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Picked up a new truck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new truck Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
I have enjoyed my 2018 Ridgeline but after 5 years and 60,000 miles was ready to change for a new truck while mine still had pretty good value. The criteria is it has to be a mid size truck with decent amount of interior storage and 4WD or AWD. Rock crawling and "serious" off roading ability is not important, I have SXS's for that. Ride quality, handling, mpg, and comfort are important and I would like to be able to carry at least 1,000# in the bed as well as occasionally be able to pull a trailer up to 3,500#. The current GMC Canyon and Ranger are way dated and I don't care for the new Frontier. The all new Canyon and Ranger are coming out soon but they are well, all new. Long story short I opted for another Ridgeline and ordered a 2023 with beige leather interior to match my dog. Smile By default that meant white exterior.

This 2023 is the same generation as my 2018 but has some improvements/upgrades such as a heavier duty ZF transmission, LED lights, sun roof, power sliding rear window, along with a couple other things and revised front styling. But it is essentially the same truck which for me was a good thing I love the handling, ride, way the rear seats fold up completely out of the way, under bed storage trunk, and 49" wide bed between the wheel wells, and SHAWD all wheel drive system. Payload is 1,500# and towing capacity is 5,000# which is more than enough for my needs.

Anyway I picked it up yesterday and on the way home realized I didn't care for adaptive cruise, engine stop, or auto high beam, fortunately after getting home and reading the 500 page manual Eek I discovered these can be turned off. Anyway the obligatory pics while it's still clean. Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7112 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great looking Ridgeline.

Congratulations!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the good looking new truck....Looks like the fur baby is waiting to go for a ride and does not want to wait much longer....................................... ......drill sgt.

Posts: 2022 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I'm in the market for a new Ridgeline as well.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys! Yes you can see why I wanted beige interior.

I think you'll like it Wasabi.

Posts: 7112 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats

Posts: 2019 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks Vgex, perfect truck for me.

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Ridgelines are super nifty.

Nice score!

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Nice! That will probably be my next after the Outback gets a few more miles on it.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8346 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It is a very clean looking design. I like that.

Posts: 17918 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I always liked the Ridgeline. Cute pup.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Really nice!

Other than being a little too big for me, it is the perfect truck for my lifestyle. I'm not in the market yet for a truck, but when I do, it just needs to be a car most of the time and a truck every now and then - a once a month Home Depot warrior!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1182 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Nice NART. When I'm done with my Tundra a Ridgeline will probably replace it.

Posts: 3468 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice! Looks like the pup approves!

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyclist
posted Hide Post
Nice Ridgeline. We said goodbye to our 2008 Odyssey yesterday with 149k on it and picked up our new to us 2015 Pilot Touring, our 3rd Honda. Always had trouble free service from the first two and really liked the truck like feel of the Gen2 Pilot's. Looking forward to the next generation Pilots due out this year. Of course, we'll own one in about 6 years.

NRA, ISRA, GSL, SASS Member

Posts: 618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Great choice. My 2008 Ridgeline was probably my favorite car ever.

I'm seriously considering getting another lightly used newer generation Ridgeline in the next 3-5 years, whenever it's time to send my current car down the road.

Posts: 32549 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Sweet truck!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Love it! I bought an 08 new and am still loving mine - same color combo, too. Easy to live with, this is the longest I've ever kept a vehicle but it suits me and in my 15 years and 66k miles I've never had a major problem or been stranded.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
in my 15 years and 66k miles

66k miles in 15 years?! Eek

So you're the proverbial little old lady who only drives to church and the grocery store once a week. Big Grin

Posts: 32549 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
That's me - people on house arrest cover more miles than I do Big Grin

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post