SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally have a dedicated PC for my Security Cameras (BlueIris). Update **Back in Business**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally have a dedicated PC for my Security Cameras (BlueIris). Update **Back in Business** Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I have been running BlueIris IP camera software for a little bit over a year now on my junk PC.
AMD A6 8 gigs of ram something super slow. It was initially bought just to surf the net and word processing. Then figured I would try BlueIris for some cameras. It worked just fine for my 3 cameras but if you started to use any other program the CPU was pegged at 99-100%.
A little while back I had posted about wanting to build a PC for the cameras. Low and behold I got a sweet karma email from member Xero offering me an Asus motherboard, Intel i7 processor, and 16 gigs of RAM.
I added a case, power supply, WD Purple Hardrive (supposed to be the best HD for camera setups).
After a couple dumb questions to Xero after putting everything together (never built a PC before). I got Windows up and running did all the updates, added a couple of virus and malware programs. Then saved my settings from the old BlueIris setup from the other machine. Loaded BlueIris onto the new machine and everything was up and running. My CPU usage at the moment even when running Youtube videos in a browser runs between 10-20% so needless to say this thing is smoking compared to before.
Or so I thought, BlueIris runs just fine and all my setting kicked over with no issues or discrepancies that I can locate.
But whenever a camera is triggered be it my the motion trigger or the force trigger button in the program BlueIris just shuts down immediately. No chance to send alerts or anything just closes the program.
The other thing is when I open up the BlueIris Software on my phone it says "For optimal performance, please update the BlueIris software on your PC." According to my settings on the PC it is up to date. Even if I click the update button BlueIris on the PC it says up to date.
Not quite sure what to make of it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post

No need to make fun of the cheesy blue light. The case was $20 and I did not realize it lit up when I bought it.

That is what I get when a camera is triggered. Yes, I know one camera is not running. That is the camera in my shop where I have the PC and my boys are out here playing so BlueIris won’t stay runningbsince they are triggering the camera.

————————————————

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
do they have any tech support worth a damn?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
do they have any tech support worth a damn?

They do. I just need to renew my support. Just thought I would check here since we have quite a few knowledgeable folks here with BlueIris before I renew.

And it will be two weeks before I can have some freetime to chat with them directly.

————————————————

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The answer(s) you seek are here --> https://ipcamtalk.com/

If you're not a member of IP Cam Talk....Join!

There is a Blue Iris forum and Troubleshooting sub-forum there as well. There is also a NVR's, DVR's & Computers forum with a Firmware sub-forum. Often times pegged CPU usage and/or Memory Leakage is resolved by a firmware update.

Search and or post your issue there and you'll get the answer to your problem.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8954 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Often times pegged CPU usage and/or Memory Leakage is resolved by a firmware update.

The new PC solved this issue. The old AMD was just a slow dinosaur. This new machine is smoking. no pegging the CPU anymore thanks to XERO.

————————————————

If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I bought a Dell desktop a couple years ago to run Blueiris. I have 4 cameras with one running 24/7 and three on motion. I have an Intel Core I7-6700 CPU @3.40 GHz and 16GB RAM. My pc runs nothing but Blueiris and I’ve never had a problem. Normally with updates is will ask if you want to update, shut down and then restart. I’ve never seen the issue you’re having.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Apparently I tied the previous issue you mentioned in the OP with you current issue, sooo Nevermind... Wink

That said, I stand by my initial statement - The answer(s) you seek are here --> https://ipcamtalk.com/forums/blue-iris.30/

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8954 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
I bought a Dell desktop a couple years ago to run Blueiris. I have 4 cameras with one running 24/7 and three on motion. I have an Intel Core I7-6700 CPU @3.40 GHz and 16GB RAM. My pc runs nothing but Blueiris and I’ve never had a problem. Normally with updates is will ask if you want to update, shut down and then restart. I’ve never seen the issue you’re having.

While slow with other programs running I had no issues whatsoever before once I figured out to properly setup a camera.
It was rock solid for the whole year, giving alerts quickly both to email and text. great video quality ease of use. No issue at all.

As long as the cameras aren't triggered there are no issues currently.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
The answer(s) you seek are here --> https://ipcamtalk.com/

If you're not a member of IP Cam Talk....Join!

There is a Blue Iris forum and Troubleshooting sub-forum there as well. There is also a NVR's, DVR's & Computers forum with a Firmware sub-forum. Often times pegged CPU usage and/or Memory Leakage is resolved by a firmware update.

Search and or post your issue there and you'll get the answer to your problem.

I had been searching there with no luck. I started a post over there. But to date only 1 question I have ever asked on Sigforum went unanswered by the collective (and it may be the only question that was not able to be answered by the collective) though I finally did find the answer.

————————————————

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Do you normally run as administrator?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10939 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Do you normally run as administrator?

Always run it as admin. Use that shortcut to open the program.

————————————————

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
DVR appliances are pretty cheap now, and have the POE Ethernet switch built in. Not sure a PC based system makes so much sense any more.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I have been studying about a camera install here at home lately.
BI does give you more options and flexibility. However, all Mac here so I'll probably just go with a NVR to avoid Windows.

One thing I remember reading on ipcamtalk is according to some people Blue Iris does not play well with antivirus software and that some of the folks that are running it disable all security and antivirus software and isolate / protect the PC via other means... VPN or firewalls router settings and etc?... that I know nothing about.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
DVR appliances are pretty cheap now, and have the POE Ethernet switch built in. Not sure a PC based system makes so much sense any more.

They have their place.
I will use the PC for light web browsing, music streamer, and videos since it is in my shop and need to pull up YouTube videos frequently. Plus it was a fun little project. But 95% of the time just cameras.

quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I have been studying about a camera install here at home lately.
BI does give you more options and flexibility. However, all Mac here so I'll probably just go with a NVR to avoid Windows.

One thing I remember reading on ipcamtalk is according to some people Blue Iris does not play well with antivirus software and that some of the folks that are running it disable all security and antivirus software and isolate / protect the PC via other means... VPN or firewalls router settings and etc?... that I know nothing about.

Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes is what I am using. Same as the other PC.

The VPN/security stuff is my next venture. I wanted to get the new PC up and running solidly before introducing that. Especially since that is new to me and all stuff I need to learn.

————————————————

At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
It could be that Spybot or Malwarebytes is treating your Blue Iris software as malicious and shutting it down. Have you tried uninstalling those to see if the problem persists?

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5283 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
What if you start fresh without the configuration file?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10939 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
It could be that Spybot or Malwarebytes is treating your Blue Iris software as malicious and shutting it down. Have you tried uninstalling those to see if the problem persists?

I’ll try shutting it off to see how it reacts but I get no message from either program and I ran them both on the last machine.

quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
What if you start fresh without the configuration file?

About 25-30 minutes of reconfiguring per camera.

————————————————

Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
I have a dedicated pc with a core i3, 8g ram and discreet video card. I run 4 WiFi cameras and run them on continuous. 30 minute files for 30 days. My cpu runs at 10-20%. I am about to add a 5th camera. I have never seen your problem running BI for about 1.5 years.

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Back to an earlier post, are there ANY firmware updates available (camera, router, etc.) that you might benefit from?

If the cam makers are anything like dashcam makers, firmware changes are frequent and often good.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post