SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone received a 7 day quote from Carmax then gone back after the 7 days?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone received a 7 day quote from Carmax then gone back after the 7 days? Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
I'm looking at trading/selling my 2004 Tacoma and Carmax made me an offer. It's about where I expected the offer to be from a dealership. My current truck, with low miles, tends to fetch a premium from a certain demographic of Tacoma fanatics. I want to test the market and sell locally for more money but if it doesn't work, I'll probably go back to Carmax and just be done with it.
I can't imagine their quote would vary that much after a week or two. Anyone received a 7 day quote, waited longer than 7 days then gone back for another quote?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think it would be very close. BUT, you never know, it might be 10% higher (or lower) the next time you go depending on their inventory, who's appraising it, etc.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Yes after about a month but I also put about 2,200 more miles on it. I also took off the hitch, all weather mats (put factory carpet back on) and rain guards off. Ended up being about $700 less than the first offer.

But this was for a Hyundai Tucson, not exactly a rare or in demand vehicle.

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
Go back in the first week of the month. They will offer more because they will b confident in moving your truck before the end of the month and avoiding any taxes due.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I believe they just run it through their system again and adjust for mileage. When I took my truck into Carmax for an offer and they also ran it through KBB based on their inspection, KBB offered $1600 more than Carmax. That offer was only good for three working days though. You can run it through KBB yourself and take it in to a trade-in dealer if their offer is acceptable. Closest for me was a Ford Dealer.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1915 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post