SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yahoo Website Issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yahoo Website Issues Login/Join 
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted
Anybody else having issues with the Yahoo site? Yesterday I began getting a message stating "The page isn’t redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

This has suddenly started with three different Macs in two different houses with different internet providers. All computers usually run Firefox, but it does the same thing with Chrome, Brave and Safari. Each of the web browsers have a different message that includes "redirecting the request" and "disabling or refusing cookies."

Some of the browsers will let me get to the Yahoo home page, but none of them will allow me access to any Yahoo email address. No issues with my cell phone using the Yahoo app.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You need to turn off your AdBlocker in order to 'redirect properly'. After you're logged in and at your Inbox, turn the AdBlocker back on and everything will work as expected. Wink

ETA - I have the same issue running Firefox ESR w/ AdGuard AdBlocker, and disabling the AdBlocker allows me to log in. I do not have the issue w/ Brave, so it may require change in the settings as a workaround there. I use the default ad block settings in Brave and found they were adequate for my needs. Hope this helps.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8890 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not having that problem, but I get frequent issues of Yahoo! Mail saying I don't have Internet connection when every other application has no difficulty. I have to stop Mail and re-establish it to fix it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
ETA - I have the same issue running Firefox ESR w/ AdGuard AdBlocker, and disabling the AdBlocker allows me to log in.

Thanks for the updated reply, nhracecraft. I wasn't using an ad blocker and don't have Firefox ESR (ergo, no AdBlocker). My working solution this morning was to select the Custom protection setting in Firefox and unblocked Cookies and Tracking Content. Not optimal, but I was able to get to my email.

Just out of curiosity this evening, I re-selected the Standard protection option I've been using for years and re-blocked Cookies and Tracking Content in Firefox . Strangely, Yahoo is back to performing normally.

Flashguy: I also have issues Yahoo, but with closing and re-opening it. It will hang and either not open or take forever to load up. Its almost as if I need to let it "rest" for 10-15 minutes before it will load without having to wait.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post