SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video: Gary Sinise Stops By to Visit Paralyzed Police Officer Michael Flamion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video: Gary Sinise Stops By to Visit Paralyzed Police Officer Michael Flamion Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
I follow Gary Sinise on Twitter and saw this video posted today of Gary visiting one of the men for whom his Foundation built a specially adapted smart home.

IMO, Gary Sinise is one of the greatest men walking this earth.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6416 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
What's always impressed me about Sinise is that he does a whole lot for a whole lotta people, yet he seems to be devoid of ego and a need for personal attention. He gives without needing to be recognized for it which makes him a very impressive person in my book.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
What's always impressed me about Sinise is that he does a whole lot for a whole lotta people, yet he seems to be devoid of ego and a need for personal attention. He gives without needing to be recognized for it which makes him a very impressive person in my book.

In my book, too!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
He’s the total opposite of Sean Penn and Bono. Sinise is good people.

Posts: 17162 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I just saw him tonight at Disney. He reads the entire Christmas story from the Bible with s full orchestra playing. It was very good, he said he has been doing it since 2000 over 14 times. At the end, he thanked our military and asked all Vets to stand. His foundation also sent hundreds of gold star families to Disney this year. A stand up guy and a rare breed for Hollywood.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't piss on most hollywood "stars", if they were on fire.

I would however be honored to meet Mr Sinise.

A liitle more about his work.
https://www.ausa.org/news/gary...-ausas-highest-award

Posts: 1041 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Seeing the these things that Gary does brings a tear to my eye.....

What a giving man!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
He's a good man, the world is a better place with people like him in it. God Bless Gary and everyone involved with his foundation.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I am embarrassed to say I have never heard of him being this type of person.

Thank you for the video.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:

Thank you for the video.

Me, neither, but I get the impression it is something of an open secret the way it is described here.

Good for him.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
"In several of his filings, Taylor denies shooting Flamion and calls Flamion “the suspect” who “interfered with my life July 8, 2016.”

How is this POS still breathing?

quote:
Taylor’s public defender, Beverly Hauber, this week sought to have all court filings related to Taylor’s mental exam or notice of Friday’s hearing sealed from the public.

Fire her too. We as The People have a right to know what monsters walk among us.
She considers the monsters more valuable that us.
Remember that.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39762 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

You don't hear about it because he doesn't draw attention to himself.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
He's been very active for 15 years in supporting our troops. His band "Lt. Dan Band" plays at military installations everywhere to raise support. Check it out...

https://www.ltdanband.com/

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you for the video.

Yes, Mr. Sinise very quietly does things like this:

Nashville Airport Sing National Anthem While Children of Soldiers KIA Board Plane To Disneyland

From an article on this:

"The vacations for the Gold Star families were coordinated by the Gary Sinise Foundation's Snowball Express Program. According to a press release provided by the organization, the foundation will "host a five-day experience for 1,722 children of the fallen and their surviving parent or guardian. This therapeutic retreat will offer fun and inspiring programs, encouraging critical peer-to-peer support for these families."

Posts: 3938 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I just saw him tonight at Disney. He reads the entire Christmas story from the Bible with s full orchestra playing. It was very good, he said he has been doing it since 2000 over 14 times. At the end, he thanked our military and asked all Vets to stand. His foundation also sent hundreds of gold star families to Disney this year. A stand up guy and a rare breed for Hollywood.

We saw him a few years ago at Disney. He read the Christmas Story and Night Before Christmas. He was very engaging with the crowd. Truly a humble and generous guy

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
He's a good man, the world is a better place with people like him in it. God Bless Gary and everyone involved with his foundation.

Amen

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Here's a Christmas idea. Instead of buying more stuff for family members that don't really need it, use the money to make a donation to the Gary Senise Foundation instead (over 90% goes to recipients). Then have them do the same rather than getting you more stuff. That's what we're doing.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

You don't hear about it because he doesn't draw attention to himself.
That, and positive behavior doesn't sell like negative behavior does in the media. Beatings, shootings, embezzlement, all front page news. What Mr. Sinise accomplishes doesn't even show up on the media horizon.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Gary Sinise and Keanu Reeves are National Treasures.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

IMO, Gary Sinise is one of the greatest men walking this earth.

I agree. You can tell by his demeanor, he's not an outgoing extrovert. But he's got a heart of gold that wants good for his fellow human being.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post