SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An awesome, and unexpected, early Father’s Day gift
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An awesome, and unexpected, early Father’s Day gift Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
I am married with two son. My oldest recently graduated from high school, and leaves for the Army in 3 weeks. My youngest will be a freshman in high school next fall.

Two days ago, a few hours before my oldest son’s graduation ceremony, I came home from work, and my family was waiting for me in the living room. This was strange, my kids are usually extremely busy with their friends, but we were heading to a graduation ceremony. My son hands me a bag, and inside was a card, and a stash of beef jerky. I am a huge fan of beef jerky.

I open the card, and one of the comments from my sons says, “Don’t shoot your eye out”. It didn’t make any sense.

When I turned around, they were holding a large rectangular box that said, “Made in America”. When I opened it, it was a .22 Henry Golden Boy lever action with an octagonal barrel. And it is beautiful.

I’ve taught both my sons how to shoot, and every time we go to a LGS, they have always seen me admire the Henry’s. I just couldn’t justify buying one, since I already have a few .22’s. Now I don’t have to admire them at an LGS, I can do it at our range.

Although I was joking, I commented, “You know you are going to have to fight over this when I die?”.

Life is good. Happy early Father’s Day to all the dads out there…

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. You obviously did well raising them.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was thoughtful and loving of them.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Very nice, sounds like a ‘family heirloom’ in the making.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Those are good boys!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a couple of fine boys! And thanks for kicking my day off with a big smile!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Ya done good Dad. Congrats on two fine young men.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool, you have some awesome sons!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Sounds like you raised them right.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Promise to let us borrow it some time and we’ll chip in and buy you a cartridge. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m adopting your kids for a while.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!!!

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been lusting for one of those rifles as well. Sounds like you have raised some fine young men. Happy Fathers Day.

Posts: 423 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome! Sounds like you did a great job raising them. Smile That is my fathers favorite gun. He mentions wanting one all the time. It’s so cool how they surprised you with a gun they knew you would love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Very cool. You obviously did well raising them.

Indeed! A huge thumbs up for him! Regarding the "Henry", I keep admiring them in the gun shop, drooling over them actually. But if I bought one I would have to smuggle it into the house and hide it in the safe.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. That beats the hell out of Red Ryder BB Gun.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great story. You are a blessed man. Enjoy!

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your family. Nice gift too Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post