SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Selfie saves Texas man from [potentially] serving up to 99 years in prison
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selfie saves Texas man from [potentially] serving up to 99 years in prison Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I doubt he'd get 99 years, but 99 seconds woud be too long.

quote:
Foxnews.com: Selfie saves Texas man from serving up to 99 years in prison

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but a selfie turned out to be priceless for one Texas man.

Cristopher "CJ" Precopia faced 99 years in prison for a violent crime he said he didn't commit -- and only a photo he took of himself was able to clear his name.

Precopia, 21, of Williamson County, said he was confused when police arrested him on Sept. 22, 2017. Officials said his ex-girlfriend, who was not named, claimed Precopia broke into her home, assaulted her and then slashed an “X” into her chest with a box cutter during a brutal Sept. 20 attack, KVUE reported.

Precopia said he couldn’t recall the last time he spoke to the woman, whom he dated in high school.

But he was placed behind bars at the Williamson County Jail and charged with burglary of a habitation with the intent to commit other crimes -- a felony that could have landed him life in prison, the Washington Post reported.

His parents posted the $150,000 bond and then set out on a mission to prove his innocence.

Cristopher's mother, Erin Precopia, remembered the evening of the alleged attack she was with her son at the Renaissance Austin Hotel. She also had proof – a selfie taken at 7:02 p.m. CST. The accuser told authorities she was attacked at 7:20 p.m. at her Bell County residence -- about 70 miles from the hotel where Precopia was with his mother.

Precopia’s lawyer, Rick Flores, told the Washington Post his client was lucky he had a “rock-solid alibi.”

“He was very fortunate that she chose a date and time that he just happened to have a rock-solid alibi for,” Flores said. “He and I have talked many times about how lucky he is, whether you believe in a higher power or good old-fashioned luck.”

On June 21, the charge was dropped after Flores provided the evidence to the district attorney’s office.

"We are always willing to listen and examine new information, and that's exactly what we did in this case,” Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza said.

Precopia's accuser has not been charged with a crime, KVUE reported. Mad

Precopia told KVUE he is ready to move on and has applied to enlist in the Army.

"I'm ready to actually live my life, the way I want to, without having any kind of worry that this can come back and hurt me," he said.

No charges against the accuser. What a crock of crap.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish we had more detail, but of course the reporting is lacking. Glad he had that selfie.

Was she actually attacked or is she hard core cray enough to carve an x into her own chest?

If she was attacked, did she clearly see the attacker or just guess? Or; did LE and/or the DA get over zealous in charging him? They would naturally ask her about possible suspects if she didn't see them clearly, ex-boyfriends, male acquaintances etc.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And of course we NEED to believe her because she is a female.

It wouldn't surprise if she cut herself up to screw up his life.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

This.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGSense:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

This.

My vote as well. It would have been nice if the originating agency interviewed her after he was proven innocent and got her to state unequivocally that it was him. She needs to go to jail.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15626 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
No charges against the accuser. What a crock of crap.

Yes a big ol' HUGE one...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
He was charged. The case never went to trial. The question becomes does the complaint itself, naming the suspect, constitute probable cause. I'm guessing yes.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Of course the cops had probabaly clause.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
False reporting of crimes like rape should be punished by 3X the max sentence that would have been given if the person being accused was found guilty.
Send a few of these feminazis to the clink for 40-50 years and we'll see the end of this nonsense.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
But... but... they have to do something!

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
He was charged. The case never went to trial. The question becomes does the complaint itself, naming the suspect, constitute probable cause. I'm guessing yes.

It shouldn't be. A little investigative work would be nice before charging.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Self inflicted gets my vote....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

That's why a picture is worth 1000 words. I was mentally picturing something way worse.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
^^^

That's why a picture is worth 1000 words. I was mentally picturing something way worse.

Agreed. That's what I look like after the average pissed off cat exam....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its not a hooded thug on dark street or a home invasion robber that is a threat to men.
Its that demure damsel you have been lying next to.
And if its true that this chick has had no contact with this guy since HS, then she should definitely be charged with false reporting.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was expecting something much worse than that. I'm going with crazy...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2750 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for my demure damsel.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post