SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    BREAKING: Protesters Attack In Connecticut
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BREAKING: Protesters Attack In Connecticut Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
this was posted in less than a minute after it ocurred, there was no "damn link" dammitt

So what? Stupid climate cockroaches protesting is not something that warrants any "BREAKING" shit. Just typical rushing to be the first to "break" the news . That's just my opinion.

Q

Posts: 27624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I posted a link soon after.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
If the protestors (childish, easily manipulated assholes) actually assaulted, vandalized or otherwise annoyed something or someone associated with or valued by the wealthy and politically connected then they may actually face undesired consequences.

The PGA is pretty fucking wealthy and politically connected. How many golf courses does Donald Trump own?

I hope they get what they deserve.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
this was posted in less than a minute after it ocurred, there was no "damn link" dammitt

So what? Stupid climate cockroaches protesting is not something that warrants any "BREAKING" shit. Just typical rushing to be the first to "break" the news . That's just my opinion.

most insensitive to the professional golf and fan community

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
^^^^ what if this was sarcasm

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
What were they whining about?

The only reference I could find in a news article said "It was unclear what they were protesting about."

Should have said: "No one, including them, had a freaking clue what they were protesting about."

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
My reply was to partially point out the stupidity of the protestors choice of target in this particular instance. Something so stupid only a trust fund intellectual could have thought of it.

Versus what happened or more to the point, usually what did not happen, to the protestors who torched people’s stores and business in Ferguson, Minneapolis, Portland etc. Instead of a sporting event, regular people’s livelihood's were destroyed or degraded. Which shows my disgust at double standards.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Looks like they were checking out the divot that cop left when he tackled that protestor. Too funny.

Posts: 3790 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
They charged a venue where everyone participating has a bag of clubs at their disposal??

Nice tackle by the one officer Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Hope the state prosecutes them, too often the gov't lets them get off without a conviction. Golf course should sue the idiots.

This.
Until prosecutors actually pursue charges AND a judge doesn't throw it out on some technicality or, reduces/minimizes any sentencing or penalties, these activities will continue.
The book needs to be thrown at these performance activists and laws need to be updated so that penalties are punitive.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
They should have been disciplined with golf clubs. That would have been appropriate. (And, FUN to watch!)

I'm thinking a closing scene in John Candy's 'Uncle Buck' here. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6en--97tyxc

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
i think it would be great if they each spent a year in jail

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
They should have been disciplined with golf clubs. That would have been appropriate. (And, FUN to watch!)

Too quick.

The groundskeeper should have chased them down on the Zamboni.

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your choices: hamas, trans or climate, this time the last of these. maybe the cops should have used sticks to bonk them on their heads

Or maybe "Trans for Hamas"... Which, to quote the Wall Street Journal, makes as much sense as "Chickens for KFC."

Posts: 1278 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
What would have been funny is an announcement.

"Attention to all participants in the match, for every time you hit a protestor 2 times with a club it will remove a stroke from your match. Starting now."

Crowd and police will make sure protestors can't get away.

Posts: 3790 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Perp walk through the gallery. Everyone hates these protesters.

https://x.com/CitizenFreePres/...sistance-day-2153%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Idiots are lucky they didn't get released into the crowd...sounds like that would have been the most effective solution. They'll never make restitution for the damages they've caused, and the costs associated with their court cases will end up all being a public burden.

Bring back tar & feathering...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13988 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
No golf on a dead planet! Ha ha dumbasses don't know their history.

If Alan Shepard can do it, it can be done.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
No golf on a dead planet! Ha ha dumbasses don't know their history.

If Alan Shepard can do it, it can be done.

That is, if he really was on the moon Razz

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Perp walk through the gallery. Everyone hates these protesters.

https://x.com/CitizenFreePres/...sistance-day-2153%2F

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe class="" frameborder="0" id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-1&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=light&width=550px&id=1804984720406819268" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 650px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

the first guy kicked over a pot of flowers, he crossed the line with that one LOL

like a scene out of a bad movie