SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So when someone says our freedoms have been taken away
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So when someone says our freedoms have been taken away Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Let's start a thread on freedoms lost in the past 25 years.
The Patriot Act is a huge one.
What others?

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just look at the commie states that have enacted laws restricting the 2nd Amendment.

How about the scamdemic restrictions?

And, let's never forget Obamacare.

Q

Posts: 27624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Just look at the commie states that have enacted laws restricting the 2nd Amendment.

How about the scamdemic restrictions?

And, let's never forget Obamacare.

✔︎

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Anonymous air travel, at least regarding the government. We used to buy a ticket from the airline and get on the airplane following a minimal screening by a 3rd party company hired by the airport. Nowadays the TSA knows who I am by biometrics and my flight and seat.

The first time I went through a biometric portal they already knew who I was. They'd already somehow gotten my facial recognition and iris data.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
A whole shitload of them from Covid-19.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Red Flag Laws". So much for due process! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
We still have all of our rights...It's just that they're been 'infringed' upon, in violation of the US Constitution, such that we can no longer 'freely exercise' those rights! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9442 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
"Red Flag Laws". So much for due process! Roll Eyes

This. When I was policing, Joe citizen, had to go to a magistrate, convince him so-and-so was a threat to himself, and then us cops went and scooped him up. He got delivered to the ER where a quick medical check was made and the subject saw a head shrinker to see if he really needed to be sent to a real psych facility. The subject never lost his rights or had weapons removed from his home unless a JUDGE wrote a judgement based on medical information, after the days long process took.

I never once took peoples guns from them in the emergency commitment process.

Hell, I had my ex Involuntarily committed because she said she felt like she’d better off dead. She went to a facility and after three days they released her, and gave her some drugs for clinical depression. But no one took the pistol she had. I later bought it from her to remove that from the equation.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The local school district is now largely controlled by the state and federal government.

I’m required to have a permit to park my RV on OUR private property that’s in a very rural area.

It seems that almost any product that one buys today is subject to some form of government regulation/control. From car seats to tail lights; windows to light bulbs; gas cans to farm tractors you can be sure that some ignorant ignoramus - or a collection of them - has been granted the all-knowing power to regulate or determine when/how to use almost anything.

Silent

Posts: 1055 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post

• Privacy (from Govt., and to a lesser extent from one's fellows)
  • Thought
  • Movement
  • Property

Posts: 6794 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Many rights with regard to raising our own children are in danger, if not already gone.

Posts: 7387 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Often overlooked is the requirement in most places for nearly all occupations to be licensed. You cannot practice any trade or start any business without kissing the ring and paying your fees.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8278 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

this. I can't carry in many places that were no problem 25 years ago.

Buying a gun in a private sale is not possible any more.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11108 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
DEI everything.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Massive Political prosecutions by liberals on conservatives and the weaponization of the FBI and others.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone criticizing, complaining or throwing rocks had better well be showing up with their time cards ,
Documenting how much time they spent
Actually involved with the practices and the procedures regarding these "losses"

It's way easier watch it go by and then yak later about how it should have been.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Anyone criticizing, complaining or throwing rocks had better well be showing up with their time cards ,
Documenting how much time they spent
Actually involved with the practices and the procedures regarding these "losses"

It's way easier watch it go by and then yak later about how it should have been.

I have no idea what you mean.

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I speak bendable.

Paraphrase

"If you are not involved in standing up and fighting for these things, you have no right to bitch about them being taken away, after the fact."

(no, not that Para...)

The line of those that bitch about the current iteration, having never been involved in the past situation, are just a pile of odorous compilation.

Burma Shave Haiku Monkey Jug Band Sam Jackson Muthafukkin' Blues

(cue outro)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realize that downtownv was only asking for a list.

I was not trying to derail your thread.

I too would like seeing what others propose as being. N " lost",
"Stolen" or "taken away".

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I realize that downtownv was only asking for a list.

I was not trying to derail your thread.

I too would like seeing what others propose as being. N " lost",
"Stolen" or "taken away".

All Good bendable- Happy belated birthday.