SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Someone help me out here: what's not clear about "Don't post any of this riot stuff here"?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone help me out here: what's not clear about "Don't post any of this riot stuff here"? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd rather not, thanks. Razz

Posts: 107632 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, we're making great progress, if today is any indication. Just a couple of things got caught in the moderation queue and they were incidental only.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, we're making great progress, if today is any indication. Just a couple of things got caught in the moderation queue and they were incidental only.

And in the spirit of the double entendre thread; "it would be a riot if someone did it (on purpose)." Razz

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:And yet, despite this, there are multiple threads created on the subject and related subjects, on a daily basis. I've always felt that, if anything, I've been too tough on you guys about stuff like this. Seems like some of you are just not listening.

So, please tell me- what's the problem?

It’s your forum. You allow what content you want and run it as you please.

That being said, I imagine that the vast majority of forum goers would prefer to talk about ALL current events , to include police brutality , racism, riots, and other flavor of the month conversations. Some of these can evolve into incessant bickering which has to be annoying as hell to moderate.

So yeah, people are people and they want to talk about, and hear about, current events. Many of us turned off the cable news and laimstream media and prefer to get our news elsewhere.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What are you trying to tell me? Beyond the obvious, I mean. Beyond "It's your forum and you run it as your please." It may come as a surprise, but I've never forgotten this, not even once.

Then, you tell me that people want to talk about "ALL" current events. Again, I'm fully aware of this. What do you think I've been doing for the past few days? I've been discouraging members from talking about "ALL" current events. Refer back to the part about me being the one to control the content here.

"People are people" OK, yeah, you'll get no argument from me on that. And the peoplepeople want to talk about this stuff. Yeah, we covered that already. And the peoplepeople turned off the news. What a coincidence! So did I.

So, what exactly are you trying to tell me? Is there something you wish to say but feel you can't? I've always found you to be rather direct, like me. Dont stop now.

I'm not looking to win a popularity contest. I'm the cops of this place. I make decisions which- not infrequently- are unpopular. Just like the police, I don't base my decisions on what's going to get me smiles and back slaps.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I imagine that the vast majority of forum goers would prefer to talk about ALL current events , to include police brutality , racism, riots, and other flavor of the month conversations.

by bubba time

incorrect, about as incorrect as can be.

and even if you think you are correct ,
take it the hell else where.

you want to talk about religion ?
that may or may not turn in too a shit fest.
there are a dozen places on the www to do it.
bye see ya later have a great day .

you want to talk about fornication and oral sex wife swapping and all of today's factions?

you want to get into a pissing contest about wages ,commissions , income and wealth ?

you want to beat the very dead horse that is current day politics, and start a dozen topics on every aspect ?

you want to talk about any number of racial superior topic's and what should be done with what people?

The balance and flow of what has been created here and the guidelines it takes to keep it that way go hand in hand, and is why it is as popular as it is.

no one here is going to miss topics that you can get on 12 tv stations,9 radio stations, 150 www. websites .

this mindset that everyone wants everything anytime they desire it is so damn california , it's disgusting

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54657 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,

It is your sand box and you can set rules. But you continuously face the question as to whether the whole concept is healthy and beneficial for you.

You could restrict membership to those members that you know & trust, but you’ll still have these issues occur. Thus, within yourself, exists an ongoing conflict between your personality type, desire to open your home, and the basic human nature that manifests within your guests.

Obviously, I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. I’m just suggesting that it won’t be fixed by refreshing the big sign that lists the rules.

I never host parties. I don’t have the personality to open my home, knowing that shit will get broken and guys will piss on the toilet seat & surrounding floor. Some folks can truly host and not allow the chaos to cause internal stress. I don’t have that knack.

Good luck with all of this.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Someone once told me (when you are trapped in a hole stop digging)but people continue to dig. Some people just do not know when or how to stop.
I can't understand why when the owner of this forum says stop posting things he does not want here some people continue.
It is his forum,he is the boss, why do people continue to disrespect his wishes. We are guest in here.
When someone agrees with him than says BUT, but is a three letter word that changes the meaning of a statement. So basically you contradict what you have just said. Example (Para i agree with you BUT we should be able to have a place to post this)He does not want it here so why do people continue to question him.
I have been here 10 years but I do not have a post count in the thousands. If I have to stop and think about what I am going to post, weather or not it would violate the wishes of the boss, I do not post it.
Most of us have been around long enough to know the rules.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,
I appreciate the refuge of not being overwhelmed by gloom and doom and political rhetoric in every thread. I can understand your frustration and respect what you do. I don't have a high post count but come here every day for "relief" from the craziness. If it means anything, coming from me, please please keep up the good work and don't let the bastards win.

Posts: 169 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thanks for not nuking the whole forum, even if only "temporary".

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
It is your sand box and you can set rules.
Guys, never do you have to state this. Never.
quote:
But you continuously face the question as to whether the whole concept is healthy and beneficial for you.
It's interesting how all of a sudden, some of you are worried about my health, after I have- for two decades- kicked asses and took names in this forum. Why, just in the year you've been here. you've certainly seen me break out the whole can o' whoopass.

I'm gettin' old and I may keel over at any time, perhaps even in the midst of posting, but if that happens, it will be coincidental.

The impression I get from such expressions of concern in this thread is that some of you are tacitly asking me to consider if all of this is worth the effort. The answer is, yes, it's worth the effort. You have most of the world losing its Goddamned mind and wanting to burn everything down, but in this little oasis of sanity, I will maintain order and we will have sanity and reason rule the day. That's part of my job in this forum and I am happy to do it. When coach is kicking your ass, it's for your own good and for the good of the team, at least as he sees it. Coach doesn't need a vacation. What he needs is for the slackers to snap the fuck out of it.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Thanks for not nuking the whole forum, even if only "temporary".

Amen!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I like that that crap thread wasn't locked but simply disappeared! Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
What he needs is for the slackers to snap the fuck out of it.

Smile

Thanks!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I like that that ***edited*** thread wasn't locked but simply disappeared!

Yep, needed to go. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I like that that ***edited*** thread wasn't locked but simply disappeared! Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!
bald, you do realize that you've tracked that shit into this thread, right? Why mention the topic specifically? Why would I want the topic of a thread I nuked specifically named in another thread? In that case, it's not really deleted, is it? You just moved the topic into this thread.

I'm certain that wasn't your intent, but when I delete something and it shows back up elsewhwere in the forum, it defeats the purpose of deleting it.

Edit your post to remove any hint of the subject, please.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
bald, you do realize that you've tracked that shit into this thread, right? Why mention the topic specifically? Why would I want the topic of a thread I nuked specifically named in another thread? In that case, it's not really deleted, is it? You just moved the topic into this thread.

I'm certain that wasn't your intent, but when I delete something and it shows back up elsewhwere in the forum, it defeats the purpose of deleting it.

Edit your post to remove any hint of the subject, please.

Ouch. Done. Wasn't thinking. Still on my first cuppa joe. Sorry Mike.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Damn rookie. Razz

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Damn rookie. Razz

LOL I guess I deserved that too! Roll Eyes

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
It is your sand box and you can set rules.
Guys, never do you have to state this. Never.
quote:
But you continuously face the question as to whether the whole concept is healthy and beneficial for you.
It's interesting how all of a sudden, some of you are worried about my health, after I have- for two decades- kicked asses and took names in this forum. Why, just in the year you've been here. you've certainly seen me break out the whole can o' whoopass.

I'm gettin' old and I may keel over at any time, perhaps even in the midst of posting, but if that happens, it will be coincidental.

The impression I get from such expressions of concern in this thread is that some of you are tacitly asking me to consider if all of this is worth the effort. The answer is, yes, it's worth the effort. You have most of the world losing its Goddamned mind and wanting to burn everything down, but in this little oasis of sanity, I will maintain order and we will have sanity and reason rule the day. That's part of my job in this forum and I am happy to do it. When coach is kicking your ass, it's for your own good and for the good of the team, at least as he sees it. Coach doesn't need a vacation. What he needs is for the slackers to snap the fuck out of it.

I am guilty of taking a tacit approach and for foolishly entering this conversation. But I’m not worried of your health.

My main point was in the next paragraph. I was basically curious as to why you thought that the rules would be consistently followed? Men will whizz on the toilet seat regardless of the signage and frequency of the host’s commands (gentle or harsh). They may praise you and thank you for the party, but they still won’t always exhibit a respect your concern as to cleanliness.

But, of course, I’m equally foolish for thinking I could change your mind. So, I’ll exit.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post