SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Recreational Machinists on the Board?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Recreational Machinists on the Board? Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
I have a bunch of small metal working projects I’d like to do but none are substantial enough to go hire a professional machinist.

Took a CNC class in university so I have a vague 30-year old view of the state of the art.

Anyone here do amateur machining with a commercial NC machine?

What works and what doesn’t?

Thanks

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot me an email if you're inclined to discuss.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Will drop you a note this weekend once the dust settles a bit.

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Be quick about it - Congress is putting up a bill to make anything that can be used to make a gun illegal ...

https://preparedtoprotect.net/...TpGZ8ZDXMX2VE5WL0HfA

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yeah, this isn't for gun related stuff - its for ham radio projects and some electronics work

but thanks for the head's up