SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duval schools (Jacksonville, Fl) ends partnership with LGBTQ youth center JASMYN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duval schools (Jacksonville, Fl) ends partnership with LGBTQ youth center JASMYN Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
This is interesting because the Duval County Public Schools system (DCPS) is as liberal as they come. They are always at odds with the governor and at one point during the pandemic the state removed funding from DCPS to force them to get onboard with the governor's policies.

The reasons given do not seem serious enough to cause a break up between the libs running DCPS and the groups they use to push their agendas. This has me questioning what really went on that has DCPS scrambling to distance themselves from JASMYN and if any heads will roll when it comes out.

Duval schools ends partnership with LGBTQ youth center JASMYN

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
As a graduate of Terry Parker High School my opinion is...

This is the LEAST of their concerns, and that is from a perspective of someone who graduated 22 years ago, likely worse now.

Sorry to offer so little to your post SZ, I attended quite a few school systems in my K-12 years, and Jax was by far the WORST.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6343 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
As a graduate of Terry Parker High School my opinion is...

This is the LEAST of their concerns, and that is from a perspective of someone who graduated 22 years ago, likely worse now.

Sorry to offer so little to your post SZ, I attended quite a few school systems in my K-12 years, and Jax was by far the WORST.

My son went through Sandlewood, i get your point and agree 100%.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post