SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wreaths Across America - Veterans Cemeteries - Dec 15, 2018
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wreaths Across America - Veterans Cemeteries - Dec 15, 2018 Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted
Wreaths Across America, at Veterans cemeteries across the country, is set for Saturday December 15 this year. Please consider sponsoring a wreath(s) or volunteering your time at 10AM that day to lay the wreaths and say the veterans names. I am sure all have seen the beautiful and humble pictures with the wreathes laid against the headstones.

You can go to the website and search your area for the participating cemeteries and sponsor or volunteer. They teach a good message year round. One we want our children to hear.

https://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/

Thanks,
12B2

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I live in Cambridgeshire in Eastern England, where we have the largest American military cemetery in Europe that is outside France. Almost 4000 US Service personnel are buried there and another five thousand commemorated on the Wall of Remembrance.

For reasons I do not understand, this cemetery is not included in the list.

Two names are there that have special resonance for me - they are Cpl J D Foley Jnr, who has a grave, and 2nd Lt Thomas J Foley, who does not.

Still and all, I go there on July 4th most years, the same day that your nation was born, and the same day that our son died, and I remember us all together.

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I will be at Toledo Memorial in OH Saturday putting wreaths on Vets graves as I have for the last three yrs. Tons of people in the community show up to help.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
I’ll be at the Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Abilene to lay wreaths. This will be my first time participating.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I did this some years ago at Valley Forge, we placed 2,000 wreaths around the Washington Memorial Arch to remember the 2,000 Continental troops who died there of hunger, cold or disease during the winter of 1777-1778.

There are no graves there, so we just placed them around the arch in neat orderly rows like Soldiers lined up.

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The Veteran’s Cemetery in Wyoming is up near Casper, but my wife and I have purchased wreaths for a couple years. My father-in-law (Korea) is buried along with my wife’s mother in the National Memorial Cemetery in Phoenix. In case some members do not know, you can purchase a wreath for a specific gravesite and ask for a wreath to be placed there; that’s a nice thing. My dad and uncles are all buried in Catholic cemeteries and coordination is a bit tougher with volunteers.

Posts: 13277 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post