SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who here use postimage to host pics?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here use postimage to host pics? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Have you been experiencing their website very slow to load in recent weeks? Pics take forever to show up, and many don't at all.
Are they having difficulty supporting their growth, the amount of pics that people upload on their site?

Q

Posts: 26395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I've used postimage exclusively, since ditching Photo Bucket, but I pretty much only use PI for hosting photos on this forum.

I haven't been on the forum much for the last few weeks, but when I posted a photo in a thread a couple days ago, from my phone, it took maybe a few extra seconds but uploaded just fine.

Over the Summer I did run into multiple incidents in which photos would hang up and failed to upload and I'd have to reattempt uploads multiple times, but I get really poor Cell Data service signal at home, and I assumed that was the cause...but maybe not.

In my case though, with frequent poor and variable signal strength, I've only uploaded one photo at a time, never tried multiple uploads.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Q, I have noticed that their site is often slow. Many times my images are inaccessible. When the images are inaccessible, they also don’t show up on the forum.

I think you are correct. Too many free hosted images and their servers are out of bandwidth. Because of the free hosting, there isn’t as much money for upgrading, as say Flickr.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Been slow for at least a week. Last weekend, it wouldn’t let me upload any photos and about half of my existing photos were inaccessible.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Lots of 502’s starting this last weekend.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I had the same experiences. I had some things for sale, put in an album and the prospective customer couldn't open it. I lost so much when Fototime disappeared and now this, wonder if a premium plan would be better?

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I just used it, no problems

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Just tested. Loaded quickly, but the landing page showed this instead of pictures.:

That said, I was able to upload the above screenshot to postimage, so functionality is not completely gone.

Definitely something odd going on there.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q - I used it this morning to upload the lunar eclipse photos I just posted in another thread here. No problems uploading or transferring but my account only has 35 pictures in it so this may be why….

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

CVN 68 headed home earlier this week.

Free postimage test …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Just uploaded this pic of a Javelina passing through my back yard.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Have you been experiencing their website very slow to load in recent weeks?

Yes, I have noticed this as well. I posted pics in the guitar thread, and it was very slow getting the "hotlink for forums", literally taking maybe 10 seconds.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've noticed too. Took me 3 or 4 tries the other day to get the pic to load.

Sometimes it's fine, but half the time slow as hell.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I couldn't get a picture posted yesterday in the Fun Pics thread so I tried again just now and it worked. I guess it was just a temporary glitch.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Logged in fine, my gallery seems a bit slow to load, but no missing or error images

Image test

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Works fine on my iPhone 11

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My only trouble with the site is when I copy the image link I get two pics instead of just one.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
No problems recently from me

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I use them exclusively and haven’t had a problem recently or even today.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, today has been fine. It was the last couple of days where they had some issues.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post