SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oracle leaves CA for TX
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oracle leaves CA for TX Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
They are a disease bent on killing their host. I pity Texas.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
https://i.postimg.cc/FRNSxjRt/...F-039-A14967-B87.jpg

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
They are a disease bent on killing their host. I pity Texas.

Such is the norm for parasites, whether biological or political. And when parasites kill the host, they feed on each other.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Oracle is a great IT technology powerhouse, but I'm unhappy they are relocating to TX, for the same reasons everyone already stated. And I like the company a lot. But I'd prefer the commies keep their dirty Constitutuion hating politics to themselves. But that's what they do.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking they're only moving the headquarters staff. This is a relatively small headcount. The major business groups will likely stay where they are. And IIRC, Oracle has a pretty big facility in Austin already.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Just think, a couple of years ago, Beto (Beatoff) O'Rouke gave Ted Cruz a huge scare in the Senate race.

Cruz is one of the best constitutional scholars in the US and Beatoff almost took his Senate seat.

Please, all you liberal assholes who have recently moved to Texas, GO HOME!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I'm thinking they're only moving the headquarters staff. This is a relatively small headcount. The major business groups will likely stay where they are. And IIRC, Oracle has a pretty big facility in Austin already.

Seems to me there will be some regulatory/tax/economic benefits of having the HQ in TX rather than CA. IIRC, Tesla and Hewlett Packard have announced the same.

CA's policies are digging their hole deeper.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This sounds correct.

But my point is that people here are thinking that Oracle is sloshing thousands of Californian's into Texas, when the real number nay be a few hundred.

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:

Seems to me there will be some regulatory/tax/economic benefits of having the HQ in TX rather than CA. IIRC, Tesla and Hewlett Packard have announced the same.

CA's policies are digging their hole deeper.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Quite sure you are correct. My thinking is that such is happening more often in CA these days, CA's political-social-economic clout is dwindling. But CA will deny they are the ones shooting themselves in the foot.

CA's Gov Newsom commented that the nation and the world are looking to CA, and to him - Gov Newsom - to be the light and set the way for the future.

It was reported this morning that people are working on a recall of CA Gov Newsom as his executive orders are doing a lot more harm than good to CA.

posted Hide Post
quote:
This sounds correct.

But my point is that people here are thinking that Oracle is sloshing thousands of Californian's into Texas, when the real number nay be a few hundred.

The last 8-months of Zoom, Webx, GoTo, etc communications, have provided stuck-in-the-mud executives and board members who insist on all employees working on site, a glimpse into the possibilities of what corporate landscape could look like. While it's true that HP and Oracle are merely moving their executive departments and addresses to TX, the tax implications are a big driver in the move away from CA.

Posts: 14694 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing about this is that employees can move to Texas without actually moving to Texas.

If someone works remotely, they can still be taxed in the state where they are employed out of. So if an employee of a California office moves to NV, a state with no income tax, California could still tax their wages paid by the CA employer. But if a company like Oracle shifts their "office" to TX, and the employee lives, and works from home, in NV, the employee would pay no CA tax. I don't know if this is immediately relevant to this situation (the HQ move, since they already have a nexus in TX), but it's something that must drive the CA tax authorities bonkers. I know people who have done this.

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
This sounds correct.

The last 8-months of Zoom, Webx, GoTo, etc communications, have provided stuck-in-the-mud executives and board members who insist on all employees working on site, a glimpse into the possibilities of what corporate landscape could look like. While it's true that HP and Oracle are merely moving their executive departments and addresses to TX, the tax implications are a big driver in the move away from CA.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:. . . If someone works remotely, they can still be taxed in the state where they are employed out of. So if an employee of a California office moves to NV, a state with no income tax, California could still tax their wages paid by the CA employer. But if a company like Oracle shifts their "office" to TX, and the employee lives, and works from home, in NV, the employee would pay no CA tax. I don't know if this is immediately relevant to this situation (the HQ move, since they already have a nexus in TX), but it's something that must drive the CA tax authorities bonkers. . . .

The solution is simple. CA will increase taxes on the "rich". But, then more of the rich are likely to move out. So CA will have to increase taxes on everyone (at least everyone who actually pays taxes). But then they will have to increase the salaries of all gov't employees and increase welfare payments. But not to worry, Kamala will bail CA out of the hole.

posted Hide Post
And Larry Ellison moves to Lanai. Cannot say that I blame him.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Ellison's a strange bird.

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
And Larry Ellison move to Lanai. Cannot say that I blame him.

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ellison's a strange bird.

quote:
And Larry Ellison move to Lanai. Cannot say that I blame him.

Larry is a lot of things -- but perhaps determination and self-reliance are his strongest suits.

Love him or hate him, he's a boot staps guy and not a silver spooner.

If I had managed to earn enough money to buy the entire island of Lanai, I would have moved there many, many years ago!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
The solution is simple. CA will increase taxes on the "rich". But, then more of the rich are likely to move out. So CA will have to increase taxes on everyone (at least everyone who actually pays taxes). But then they will have to increase the salaries of all gov't employees and increase welfare payments. But not to worry, Kamala will bail CA out of the hole.

Kamala will Kalifornicate the entire USA.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24181 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Larry Ellison moves to Lanai. Cannot say that I blame him.

But he can work from home. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by smschulz:
I hope they leave their libtard employees behind.
More libs moving to Texas is NOT what we need. Eek

Also, there is a push (hope it gets bigger) in Texas to remind Californians that they're refugees not missionaries (i.e. don't come and try to spread their failed politics, but instead come and learn our ways). #DontCaliforniaMyTexas

Hate to tell you but you can't fix stupid and crazy.

They're moving on to greener pastures to kill off the hosts.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This is why there should be a 5 year moratorium on voting when you move to a new state.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post