SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Gunny, another great one called home. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Prayers and smoke from Kansas. Your watch is over Gunny.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Damn.... Frown

RIP, Gunny .

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I met him at the NRA show in Houston years ago, super generous, spoke with my dad a Nam vet. I have a signed Glock promotional photo from him.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny. Frown

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sad news.

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny

free image uploading

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His first motion picture appearance was uncredited. He was a helicopter pilot in Apocalypse Now in the famous "Ride of the Valkyries" scene.

Posts: 964 | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Gunny didn't die. He popped smoke, broke contact, and withdrew to heaven to regroup.

Very well put !! Sad to loose him, I really liked his wit and candor.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?"

Oorah....

Semper Fi, Gunny!

(would be funny if he reports to God, and God is eating sufganiyot!)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Definitely lost one of the good guys. RIP

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Might I offer another obscure Gunny Performance in tribute.
https://youtu.be/5b1q-IlxGrk

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Gunny simply took the high ground.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Very sad news.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny. We lost a true American.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny

Frown

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mk689:
His first motion picture appearance was uncredited. He was a helicopter pilot in Apocalypse Now in the famous "Ride of the Valkyries" scene.

His first motion picture appearance was as the drill instructor Sergeant Loyce in The Boys In Company C, which came out in 1978, a year before Apocalypse Now.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I *believe*, though may be wrong, that his role in Apocalypse Now was filmed prior, but due to the very long production cycle, The Boys in Company C was released first.

Either way- it's cool to see him in these early roles.

Posts: 964 | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite obscure Gunny roles-

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny, you will be missed. Frown

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny.
Fair Winds and Following Seas.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post