SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for wireless headphones for receiver?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for wireless headphones for receiver? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Tired of dragging a long cord around when wanting to use headphones connected to a receiver (to listen to music, watch TV, etc).

Any recommendations for a wireless headphone that is priced < $100 (or slightly above)? Doesn't need to be audiophile quality but decent sound quality desired. Prefer over ear and then on ear. Neutral sound is okay - doesn't need to be too heavy on bass.

I'm looking at this Sony but if there is something better recommended, I'd be interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-He...%2Cp_72%3A2661618011

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
My wife and sister just bought some bluetooth earbuds and a bluetooth transmitter for listening to the TV. These would work with most audio systems.

https://www.adv-sound.com/products/model-3

https://www.amazon.com/MEE-aud...udio+bluetooth&psc=1

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 2003 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Interesting alternative. Opens additional options but concerned about audio lag to video. But music should be fine. Maybe that's enough.

Which wireless tech would offer better audio fidelity? Wireless connection stability?

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
No brainer. Check out the reviews. I use a pair of these every evening to listen to my TV and they work great.

Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Dock

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
No brainer. Check out the reviews. I use a pair of these every evening to listen to my TV and they work great.

Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Dock

Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking at that - it was one of two RF candidates (along with a Sony that didn't sound neutral, something about extra bass).

I ordered a bluetooth over the ear Sony and the Mee transmitter. More costly than desired but could be used with smartphone / PC directly if desired in the future (but not really required now).

If the bluetooth method doesn't work out, I'll go back to the RS120 and the Sony RF versions. Not being very knowledgeable, I opted for bluetooth over RF - 900MHz seems old tech and prone to noise and drops. Bluetooth seems like it would offer higher fidelity. But who knows.... Smile

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wireless seems to be working okay with stable connectivity. But still testing.

The headphone audio fidelity is lacking though. Regular price is about $200; I got it got $100. I'd be pissed / returning it at normal price. Even at half off, I'm still not happy. Definitely designed for young people / rap type noise with sounds less than 80hz. But I'll live with it for now. Want to test out Bluetooth as wireless medium more.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I had a Sony RF Wireless headphone, it was so crummy I never used it. I use Bluetooth phones all the time, but not listening to TV so can't say about delay.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Sennheiser here.

Complete disclosure: I have serious high frequency hearing loss so I can't speak to their fidelity or frequency range.

I use them when streaming video on my computer (my primary form of entertainment via Netflix and Amazon Prime) and they have excellent range in terms of distance from base unit and I've never had a problem with dropout or interference.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post