SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snowbird had 70" of snow in the past 5 days
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowbird had 70" of snow in the past 5 days Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted
I do not remember the Wasatch mountains looking as white as they did tonight right before the sun went down. Little Cottonwood canyon and Lone Peak were covered so much I could not see any gray granite anywhere.

The snow that fell in the valley the past two days seemed like it would be great for skiing.

https://twitter.com/Snowbird?r...ater-totals-for-2019

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we've had some epic dumping. Sadly I'm not home to enjoy it.

Luckily though I have my little girl at home to take care of the snow building up on the old Rodeo...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30899 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
get her a broom balze Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
It was 79 degrees today. I took the doors off the Jeep and put the top down Big Grin

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I love my snowblower.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
A lot of things I miss about Utah, but that isn't one of them.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M28 closed between here and Munising. Blizzard Warning!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Yeah - just a bit of snow on my car yesterday morning. we got 12-15" depending on where you measured. One drift was about four feet deep.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Lake Powell!!!

Lake Powell!!!

Lake Powell!!!

Smile

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We don't get snow at the house but the Pine Valley Mountains looked great yesterday.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
We've had the AC on for a week. Mad

Posts: 2691 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I love my snowblower.

I am in AF and I concur with this statement. 2 stage though, none of this single stage crap.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone considered the idea that "Global Warming" might be A GOOD THING ?!?!?!?

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Lake Powell!!!

Lake Powell!!!

Lake Powell!!!

Smile

Lake Mead!!!

Lake Mead!!!

Lake Mead!!!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5524 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah. It was a good storm. I got 24" in the SL valley. I was driving around Sandy at work yesterday and the back country guys were out making turns on the steep and deep. Lucky bastards.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I had to clear about six or eight inches of sunshine off my driveway this morning. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I'll take that snow every time. We had over 1/4" of ice yesterday, and now we're back in the deep freeze so salt is not effective.

Posts: 2238 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Yeah. It was a good storm. I got 24" in the SL valley. I was driving around Sandy at work yesterday and the back country guys were out making turns on the steep and deep. Lucky bastards.

Does your department cover all of the way up Little Cottonwood Canyon? I bet whoever drives the school bus route up there had an interesting drive yesterday and today.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Why don't you just rinse it off? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Ugh. It really sucks that skiing is so GODDAMN EXPENSIVE.

I haven't been in years.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post