SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bobby Hull Has Passed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bobby Hull Has Passed Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted
RIP Golden Jet. Thank you for the excitement and the memories.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hockey idol as a kid. 118mph slapshot. 1961 Stanley Cup. Loved the Black Hawks.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My hockey idol as a kid.

Mine too.

I did get to meet him.
Brett Hull's girlfriend (not sure they married) gave birth to their child the same day my son was born. Bobby Hull and I talked for awhile in the hallway outside the delivery rooms.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
RIP to a great player. He was before my time, but his son was huge during my youth hockey days.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was so sad to hear this. RIP Bobby

Posts: 904 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I had season tickets when his son Brett played for UMD. The Hull name is like royalty up here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That is sad, what a great player.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post