SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Advice Needed On Security Cameras For A Rental Home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice Needed On Security Cameras For A Rental Home Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you ever had say a week of weather where the batteries got minimal charging? Just wondering if solar would be practical in KC climate.

This winter has had a lot of cloud cover but not as much snow. The first year up here had a lot of snow where the panels were covered with snow/ice for at least a couple weeks.
Driveway camera has floodlight too and we never even bothered to add the second battery.
A bit of sun in a day is all that’s needed to maintain charge.

Obviously KC has longer and colder winters so others that live in those conditions would have better input.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billfasttax
posted Hide Post
I have 5 Blink cameras from amazon. I pay 100 a year for on line storage and I really like the cameras and features. No regrets with them.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…......WOW! WHAT A RIDE!

Posts: 768 | Location: North of Atlanta | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son uses temporary jobsite cameras on his construction projects .

Posts: 4272 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
We use Wyze cameras inside and outside at home and outside only at our rental. Law and insurance forbid inside cameras there. With Wyze you can get alerts just like Ring. Also has a micro sd card.

Posts: 6048 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Have you ever had say a week of weather where the batteries got minimal charging? Just wondering if solar would be practical in KC climate.

This winter has had a lot of cloud cover but not as much snow. The first year up here had a lot of snow where the panels were covered with snow/ice for at least a couple weeks.
Driveway camera has floodlight too and we never even bothered to add the second battery.

Obviously KC has longer and colder winters so others that live in those conditions would have better input.

the batteries last for weeks, if not a month or 2, so no worries on the solar,

we get snow, rain etc here in Central VA, and I have had 0 issues charging the outside cameras with the solar panels

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10592 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:

the batteries last for weeks, if not a month or 2, so no worries on the solar,

we get snow, rain etc here in Central VA, and I have had 0 issues charging the outside cameras with the solar panels

Nice to know. Thanks KMitch and Lyman.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post