SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why Trump Won and Why He Will Win Again from Shark Tanks Kevin O’Leary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Trump Won and Why He Will Win Again from Shark Tanks Kevin O’Leary Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Fascinating interview of less than 10 minutes with O’Leary. He tells us a major reason why the national economy under President Trump is going gangbusters and therefore, why he cannot be defeated. The interviewer seems to be hostile to Trump—doesn’t faze O’Leary in the slightest. Worth your time

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Great discussion!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Great post, thanks!

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
TMats, this is an extraordinarily important interview, perhaps should be in the Trump thread; but O’Leary’s personal experience with the phenomenal business climate under Trump should be shouted from the rooftops. More important than tax reform.
As for the interviewer, he’s Nick Gillespie with Reason, associated with the Cato Institute. They have in general not been positive toward Trump, I believe.
Maybe I’m immune to Trump’s abrasive style by now; but I know he’s being touted for racist comments when those have been deliberately misreported repeatedly.
Thanks for posting.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I normally do not care for O'Leary, but he definitely has his finger on the economic pulse of America, and elsewhere. He is no dummy. He is more thought process than emotion.

Posts: 6712 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts on the younger set too. Basically, they'll grow out of it.

The unknown is whether kids will let let their early thoughts stick like Bernie did.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Tmats, great video. Thanks for posting. The interviewer did a good job. He posed a question, idea, or argument to O’Leary and O’Leary responded very articulately.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
He nailed my mindset about Trump perfectly. Pay little or no attention to what he says and pay close attention to what he does and accomplishes and that is why he will win in 2020 by a landslide. I think more people are getting it than not.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Great job by O'Leary! And I agree the interviewer has TDS and didn't try to hide it.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Evidently the cocksuckers at youtube don’t want me to watch this video. Here’s what I get when I click on it:

When I click on the “I’m not a robot” and do the recaptcha I get looped back to the same page.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Great interview. Maybe we can see Tucker Carlson do an interview on Fox with Kevin. What he says about our booming economy makes sense!

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good, well articulated and parry's away the interviewer's TDS.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
When I click on the “I’m not a robot” and do the recaptcha I get looped back to the same page.

Try this? https://youtu.be/8I0Px2vISFw

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Great job by O'Leary! And I agree the interviewer has TDS and didn't try to hide it.

Nope, no TDS, simply playing the Devil's advocate, an interviewing style which works and got great responses.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10359 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I would make one very clear observation about the the Twitter storm unleashed by Trump. He has stirred up the left and it's media on a daily basis, to the point that every thinking American can now clearly see who and what stands in the way of doing the right thing for our nation. The left has clearly been revealed to be the enemy that most of us here understand them to be. The man knows how to get his message out and stir up the snakes.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Fascinating interview of less than 10 minutes with O’Leary. He tells us a major reason why the national economy under President Trump is going gangbusters and therefore, why he cannot be defeated. The interviewer seems to be hostile to Trump—doesn’t faze O’Leary in the slightest. Worth your time

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8I0Px2vISFw" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
I hope and pray he's right. However the ever increasing leaches in our society could care less about a great economy. They have been trained that Trump is BAD. The corruption in the next election is going to be rampant!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Try this? https://youtu.be/8I0Px2vISFw

Yeah. Thanks. It didn’t work either. Youtube insists on having me install their app. I hate apps.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Here is the entire O’Leary interview of about 35 minutes. I have seen the TV show just a couple of times and really knew nothing about him, but the edited interview intrigued me enough to listen to the entire thing. He gets into his background, and Canada under Trudeau, but his take on Capitalism is definitely worth listening to. Interesting man.

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post